Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jes77jes

Hello.
Just wondering if anyone knows where Island Air likes to hire there pilots from. Is there a flight school in Hawaii that they hire former cfi's from? Any they don't like?
Thanks,
Jesse

They used to interview in both Atlanta and Honolulu, but as of late they are just interviewing out of Honolulu. Basically meaning, no, it's not just local flight schools. That said the last 6months to a year has been local guys and furloughed Hawaiian (Ex IA Cap's) guys. They do seem to like instructors and like any regional out there your chances of getting hired go up exponentially by knowing someone there. So how do you get to know someone there? Go work on the south ramp at Honolulu instructing! I would recomend flight school hawaii for the professional atmosphere. If you want the lowdown on all the other flight schools out here PM me... K-S

When we were in Hawaii (15 years ago=old news) I talked with some pilots while jumping around the islands on commuters and Aloha. The general consensus was they liked to hire locally since the way of life on the islands is much different and very far away from the mainland. Not everyone adapts to it or likes it as a permanent home. It's a beautiful place but not for everybody.

Latest resources

Back