Island Air latest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

twott driver

Anyone interviewed recently with Island Air? Are they hiring for the pool or are interviewees getting class dates? Interview experiences.........?

What is the latest with regard to the sale of IA and their expansion plans?

Any info much appreciated.

I Had an interview in mid January.

They are interviewing in mid Feb as well. No idea what else is going on.

Plucky

How did it go and did they say whether they are hiring for the pool or for training? I was supposed to interview Jan but couldn't make it, and have been invited for Feb interview. Was the interview as per aviationinterviews.com, or have they changed the format?

Can you survive in Hawaii on a FO salary with wife and kid?!!! I'm thinking I would have to string a hammock up between a few palm-trees on the beach!

Will fly for food website was good guideline. Not a very stressful interview.

Not sure what is going on with hiring right now. I think they are going to be busy in March and need a pretty deep pool. Not sure how big the pool is now?

Obviously it would be very hard on FO salary with wife and kids. No problem if your single or if Wife works some.

Island Air

Rumor has it that first year FOs have been know to moonlight selling gold jewelry by the foot down in Waikiki to support their starvation diet of Ramen. A good month means being able to add some meat to the hamburger helper.

How's your appetite for Spam, btw?

Take home pay for an Island air FO is around $1100 a month. The cost of survival for one person is at least $1500 a month. And that is if you have no life except sitting by the phone in an empty a$$ apartment waiting to be called in off of reserve.

PilotMonkey said:
Take home pay for an Island air FO is around $1100 a month. The cost of survival for one person is at least $1500 a month. And that is if you have no life except sitting by the phone in an empty a$$ apartment waiting to be called in off of reserve.

Or you can play chess all day at the park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How was training?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back