Island Air class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From a newbie

I'm just an FNG here, but I did hear the same rumor regarding AQ interviewing a dozen or so this week. If they stick to their business plan, one could reasonably expect to see some movement at IA as a result. I've heard nothing to confirm this, however, just pure speculation. Let's hope for the best!

Minimums

Freight Dog said:
The mins are 1500TT 500ME, although they rarely stick to them.
They went as low as 900 and 250...

Looks like there's been a change to the mins. The Operations Manual now states : "...candidate must have at least 1000 hours total fixed wing time. Of this, at least 200 hours must be multi-engine, fixed wing. For applicants that are currently employed at Aloha or Island Air, the minimums are 800 total fixed wing and 200 multi fixed wing. The pilot must also have passed the FAA ATP written examination and have a current First Class Airman Medical Certificate and possess a current US passport."

Looks like it was a change in the Feb '03 revision to the manual.

Application Jan '01
Interview March '01
Pool three weeks later
July '02: offer for Aug '02 class (unable to attend due to availability)
Feb '03: Offer for March '03 class

Item of note: there is one of the six in the March class who did not have an internal recommendation or any ties to the Islands.

Upgrade

I know it's impossible to know, but does anyone have any predictions about how long it will take the new hires to upgrade? It sounds like it's been pretty slow movement lately judging by the long wait in the pool. How many are in the pool now?

Latest resources

Back