Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DesertFalcon

Member since 1999
The Company I work for is completely understaffed!
We are working our butts off!

I have a job but I am way underpaid, overworked and totally frustrated at the way management treats us.

What's the story at your company?

I'm sitting on my butt.

Furloughed.

Bored.

Wish I was flying.

Although, I understand everybody still working at my former employer is working their tail off, too.

I am still a working at Mesaba, but have'nt flown since late April.

Yes, my company is definitely working me to death ... unfortunately it's almost all behind a desk, though. I've had only three 'official' flights since September.

Minh Thong
SE Piston Corp Geek

Fully staffed corper

Not bad. Fully staffed and a good blend of flying days and off days. No standby days. Doing about 400 - 450 hours per year per pilot.

Although training and vacation season is busy for us, on average, we fly around 2 to 3 days a week with the occasional overseas trip. Got lucky last rotation... the bird was gone so I was off all week. Going to recurrent training this week then a week of light flying and then going to Europe with a great crew. Good trip too, three days in England, two days in Germany, a day in France, and four days in Scotland.

These jobs are out there but you have to know where to look. If you are frustrated with your current employer and working conditions, PM me and I'd be happy to help out if I can.

A few days ago... I was considering quitting the job I have.
I have rested a little, since then.... I am now ready to be abused again.

Not because I enjoy abuse. I just need the job.

Bummer.

I am not senior enough to hold a line yet, (still on reserve), but I have been flying 6 days a week since March. They call me within my first hour of reserve and give me two scheduled 3 day trips back to back. I am suppossed to have every tuesday and wednesday off this month, but so far that hasnt happened,. thank god for my 4 guaranteed days off!

What other industry does this to their workers. Pilots are not as smart as they think.

Why do we allow these companies to control our lives to this extent.

We are our own worst enemies!

I don't like being a Slave!

What other industry? Talk to an Intern at you local hospital. Two hours sleep in 36 hours is very common.

There are flying jobs out there with good schedules. I fly once or twice per week, midweek, all day trips. I'm salaried so it makes no difference that I'm not flying alot.

I feel for those of you complaining about regional schedules, junior-manning, and reserve. That stuff took all the joy out of flying for a living.

Latest resources

Back