• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Vision Airlines off the ground yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But don't the Allegiant pilots now have higher pay rates than your UAL pilots?
Why yes, yes they do. In fact, even if they took a pay cut with that stupid sliding scale, they'll still have higher pay rates than you. Maybe Vision will make more too.

Daytona, debating with guys like you is a waste of time. I already know what the 20th post after this one is going to say. You absolutely DO NOT have a compensation package that is higher than UAL's. Don't waste your time going to airlinepilotcentral.com and comparing hourly rates because you're not looking at the 16% B&C fund we get, the zero dollars per month I pay for health insurance for my family, the zero dollars per month I pay for short term disability, and the zero dollars per month I pay for long term disability, among the other sections of our contract that add value. Further, the last I heard you guys are going to be flying the 757 for MD-88 rates, which is an absolute joke and undermines any point you could possibly make.

So if it makes you feel better, you win. I ONLY WISH I could have a "contract" (if you can call it that) just like Allegiant's. I mean, right now in contract negotiations we're just BEGGING the company for something just like you have. Really! Keep your fingers crossed for us because if we get your contract that will be a raise, right? Right.

Keep an eye on Vision. They're taking a page right of your playbook and they can do it cheaper than you guys can. Good luck.

Ualflyer, a couple years ago we all told you our pay rates would soon be higher than yours. You didn't believe us and now they are. In a couple more years everything else we have will probably be higher too. It may take a union to get there and I welcome it, but we will get there; it's only a matter of time.

Oh, and Vision can't do it cheaper. They have more competition and expensive new airplanes to pay for. Allegiant owns their airplanes and doesn't have to pay expensive leases. In fact now that I think of it, Vision is more of a threat to you than to me. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Ualflyer, a couple years ago we all told you our pay rates would soon be higher than yours. You didn't believe us and now they are. In a couple more years everything else we have will probably be higher too. It may take a union to get there and I welcome it, but we will get there; it's only a matter of time.

Oh, and Vision can't do it cheaper. They have more competition and expensive new airplanes to pay for. Allegiant owns their airplanes and doesn't have to pay expensive leases. In fact now that I think of it, Vision is more of a threat to you than to me. Enjoy!

I don't know if they have a special screening process at Allegiant HR that hires guys with poor math skills, but if they do they were successful apparently when they hired you. Gallagher and his boys probably laugh themselves to sleep after dealing with you guys.

Unsubscribed. The "teaching the pig to sing" internet forum cliche is suddenly coming to mind....

There is absolutely, positively, without hesitation, no way in hell that Vision Airlines is or ever will be a threat to either Allegiant or United.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back