Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is United giving former interns interviews????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its about whether or not UAL is meeting their end of the bargin.

If you were an intern, UAL should hire you. Not only can you not spell, but you appear to have stellar flight qualifications and professionalism.

Ratings: Comm, Inst
Curr Position: Doggy Style or 69
Total Time: 3600

With some exceptions, my experience with interns when interviewing pilots for COEX in the 90's was not good. Seemed most of the interns we had and those from other carriers I met needed that "in" as they did not posess the social skills much less the flying skills needed to apply like everyone else. But, whatever gets you the job I guess.

IAHERJ

"They" (I would like to use other words) are not honoring those that they hired into the pool. I can tell you that for sure. But I am bitter.

I understand why you're po'd, but would you really want to work for them now after all they have been through? I think they may be doing you a favor.

With some exceptions, my experience with interns when interviewing pilots for COEX in the 90's was not good. Seemed most of the interns we had and those from other carriers I met needed that "in" as they did not posess the social skills much less the flying skills needed to apply like everyone else. But, whatever gets you the job I guess.

IAHERJ

What a bunch of bullsh!t!!! Way to over-generalize and make yourself look like the un-social idiot. I always question what type of person needs to do an internship to be hired at a regional airline.

Its not a matter of qualifications, virtually all pre 9/11 interns meet street mins. Its about whether or not UAL is meeting their end of the bargin.

Expecting an airline to keep their word? That's a bit naive, isn't it? No offense but that speaks volumes about your experience in this business if you expect UAL or any airline to honor their word.

IAHERJ

This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I've read on here in a long time.

Most "interns" in my experience, having interned at United in 1996, were/are the top students from their respective universities, are highly motivated and generally very outgoing individuals who are driven to do better than the next guy or gal.

This crap about "barely" meeting the requirements and needing the internship on their resume to get hired is the exception not the rule. Not the other way around.

Last edited:
This has got to be one of the most ignorant posts I've read on here in a long time.

Most "interns" in my experience, having interned at United in 1996, were/are the top students from their respective universities, are highly motivated and generally very outgoing individuals who are driven to do better than the next guy or gal.

This crap about "barely" meeting the requirements and needing the internship on their resume to get hired is the exception not the rule. Not the other way around.

agreed. i have flown with a few united interns from back in the day. top notch. i assume most other competitive airline interns are the same way. i wish i could hve been one they had good opportunities.

What a bunch of bullsh!t!!! Way to over-generalize and make yourself look like the un-social idiot. I always question what type of person needs to do an internship to be hired at a regional airline.

I don't see any problems with a college student wanting to do an internship at a regional, especially if there is one in particular they would like to go to someday. It's a good chance to get a foot in the door and learn some about the airline. Spend some time in another city and receive a 4.0 GPA for that time. I did one at my airline and don't regret a single bit of it. Maybe because I found a little blonde, jack-morman up there to keep me company for a few months :)

If you were an intern, UAL should hire you. Not only can you not spell, but you appear to have stellar flight qualifications and professionalism.

Ratings: Comm, Inst
Curr Position: Doggy Style or 69
Total Time: 3600

Wow Frank, I didn't know I was interviewing. Move along and find some other scabs to pick.

Latest resources

Back