Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is United giving former interns interviews????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyn96

I'd heard a former intern at United who has the street minimums contacted United about interns and how they fit into the interviewing and was told they are not honoring their promised interviews.

Has anyone heard any information on this or is it just rumor??? Do they still have a pilot intern program???

Thanks

I'd heard a former intern at United who has the street minimums contacted United about interns and how they fit into the interviewing and was told they are not honoring their promised interviews.

Interesting. I believe the app asks about being a former UAL employee, but I don't think there's a box to check for former interns. And to answer your other question, the Flight Operations intern program has been dead since the fall 2001 group finished.

Unfortunately, United has become accustomed to not honoring the promises they've made to their workforce.

"They" (I would like to use other words) are not honoring those that they hired into the pool. I can tell you that for sure. But I am bitter.

the intern program has been resurrected. there are interns at Stapleton for the 747 and 777 program

And you think you are more qualified because you were an intern?

Here is the e-mail I received being a former intern back in the Summer of 2000:

Dear Former Intern:

Our records indicate you were previously employed by United Airlines as a flight operations intern.

We are very pleased to announce that we have recalled all of our furloughed pilots and will begin hiring pilots this summer. Due to your prior internship we wanted to let you know that the application process will be commencing very soon.

If you are interested in applying, please visit our website at united.com/careers to complete an online application. Although we obviously cannot commit to any outcome concerning your application we hope you will once again consider a career with United.

Best wishes to you in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,

Pat Heimdal

Manager Recruitment - Flight

United Airlines

Note - Please do not respond to this email.

Its not a matter of qualifications, virtually all pre 9/11 interns meet street mins. Its about whether or not UAL is meeting their end of the bargin.

Street mins back then were a whopping 300 hrs. Gee I wonder why there are quite a few professional F/Os over there.

Latest resources

Back