Is this the U.S.A.?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TurboS7

This weekend I have off, amazed as there was only one line avialable with this weekend off, and I got it. Exciting---I just settled down with a cup of joe to watch some great baseball-right!!!-No-we don't have cable, what do I get, ABC-futbol NBC-futbol, I am scared to death to check out CBS they just might be having the cricket finals---NO< NO> NO tell me this is a bad dream. I spent all summer in England last summer with only cricket and futbol, was has happened while I was flying weekends???? No wonder I spend so much time on this board, any solutions. Next month I am going to bid flying on weekends considerably more interesting than what is on the tube now. Guess the majority rules, futbol must be our new national game.

Last edited:
Hang in there! The World Cup (greatest sports event EVER) only lasts another month.

After that, you can once again watch your boring baseball matches :)

Could be worse. When I was stationed in Iwakuni, Japan in the early 80's AFRTS (Armed Forces Radio and Television Service) used to broadcast sumo wrestling ON THE RADIO! "Sumimoto-san is lifting his right leg....now his left.......now he's throwing salt." The CO could never understand why everybody was getting **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**faced on Saturday afternoons. It was the only english speaking channel available too. After that Casey Kasum(sp?) wasn't so bad after all.

Last edited:
Right now in London it would be about 1047P.M. and the pub would be going wild, England 1 Sweden 1 in OT. That would be a nice place to be...especially since I am English and my wife is a Swed.

hey cricket and football are great games go down to a pub and i am sure some bloke will be glad to explain the rules
have fun
fulcrum

whatEvah

Baseball better than cricket. no way Jose.I know baseball and cricket ,cricket is 100 times fast and entertaining.

If you think any of the above is bad, I was in Toronto a few years ago during February. I thought for sure they would have pro or college basketball on. Nope. They had curling! It was a cultural enlightenment. These folks have too much time on their hands....just joking (sort of) my Canadian friends.

Latest resources

Back