• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this profession in peril?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
English is strange i know- so many rules- "i" before 'e' except after 'c'- but 'their' is still spelled 'their'. ;)

Pilots giving away the 70-90 seat market that was traditionally theirs is very different than 9/11 and the economy tanking. But it's ok- b/c the furloughee doesn't have a vote and it doesn't affect anyone still on the property, until....wait.... now i'm furloughed b/c they put all 70 seaters on the routes my 73 used to fly?? - But when the "pilot group" is only defined by those left on the property... it's a problem, Rez. A big one. And there is nothing i could have done to change it. The responsibility lays w/ the senior group- and they collectively rolled over at the young pilots expense. This generation is good at that. And now you want me to support ALPA?
I'll refute the rest of it later. But it's all refutable- and you just continue to show your pessimistic attitude about what's possible... You're institutionalized in ALPA beauracracy- so bogged down you actually believe it can't be done. So, if ALPA can't solve the seniority problem- and it is one-: it's a problem for everyone- ok- one more argument- I think the companies would go for it b/c merger's are being held up b/c of it. And the money controls everything. Our seniority is a major roadblock to this industry doing what it needs to do. But if ALPA can't solve it- than what argument do you have for me to not want to get rid of them at my airline?

I firmly believe the environment is right for a national list. It's time. And it can be done.

"In peril"....?

Hey, Klown Boy....WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?

This is no longer a "profession".

It is a loosely associated ( ALPA ) bunch of Ass-Klowns and Whores who have NO Pride.

Forget about it....Try to get a LIFE.

YKW

our mngmt is telling us as long as we don't ask for anything and give up a "little" then our famillies will have a roof over their head.They say don't worry about oil.Just keep taking our advice(sunshine) and you are all gonna be okay.I sure am glad my company is "looking out for me" When the time is right,brakes will be on fire ,plugs melting, and the aircraft moving backwards as I go down the slide, since i'm gonna leave that biich in full reverse as i walk out of the confines of hell!

Other than that I think all is going swimmingly well!

our mngmt is telling us as long as we don't ask for anything and give up a "little" then our famillies will have a roof over their head.They say don't worry about oil.Just keep taking our advice(sunshine) and you are all gonna be okay.I sure am glad my company is "looking out for me" When the time is right,brakes will be on fire ,plugs melting, and the aircraft moving backwards as I go down the slide, since i'm gonna leave that biich in full reverse as i walk out of the confines of hell!

Other than that I think all is going swimmingly well!
ROFLMAO! :D

English is strange i know- so many rules- "i" before 'e' except after 'c'- but 'their' is still spelled 'their'. ;)

Gee thanks.... I am working on it.... how many times shall I write it [on the blackboard] correctly?

Pilots giving away the 70-90 seat market that was traditionally theirs is very different than 9/11 and the economy tanking. But it's ok- b/c the furloughee doesn't have a vote and it doesn't affect anyone still on the property, until....wait.... now i'm furloughed b/c they put all 70 seaters on the routes my 73 used to fly?? - But when the "pilot group" is only defined by those left on the property... it's a problem, Rez. A big one. And there is nothing i could have done to change it.

But is that not the responsbility of the company? Face it... we are tied to and heavily dependant on our companies corporate elite..

I see the fat cats on the seniorty list... strutting around with thier expensive cars and HD's... not a care in the world... cause they are atop the seniority list... but that all goes away when your corporate management team destroys the company...

Why should ALPA be responsible for that? Well, they shouldn't...

I like the story though.. of the mid-senior pilot who was bumped from widebody capt. to narrowbody capt. He was very bitter going into his PC check... his training partner was a furloughed pilot coming back... When they met the furloughed pilot said to the bitter capt... "thanks for voting to keep health benefits for us furloughed pilots... my wife is very sick and we couln't have afforded it any other way..."

I was told one could see Bitterness shamefully and with much embarrassement.... trying to hide....

The point?

Let's to the National Seniority list....

But you consistently fail to provide a pragmatic application. Guys are getting screwed under the current status quo.... but all your National Sen. List will do... is change around.. who gets screwed... unless you can show how it will be a better deal for all.... can you?

The responsibility lays w/ the senior group- and they collectively rolled over at the young pilots expense.

How? Morally? Ethically? Legally? it is all in the HOW?

This generation is good at that. And now you want me to support ALPA?
I'll refute the rest of it later. But it's all refutable- and you just continue to show your pessimistic attitude about what's possible...

Then refute it....
You're institutionalized in ALPA beauracracy- so bogged down you actually believe it can't be done. So, if ALPA can't solve the seniority problem- and it is one-: it's a problem for everyone

I wouldn't say that until you have effectively refuted that a National Sen. List is pragmatic...

- ok- one more argument- I think the companies would go for it b/c merger's are being held up b/c of it. And the money controls everything. Our seniority is a major roadblock to this industry doing what it needs to do. But if ALPA can't solve it- than what argument do you have for me to not want to get rid of them at my airline?

Good point.... but it till lacks...

If two companies merge... there will still be excess... and the junior pilots get fuloughed... so where do they go? Regionals? then the regionals will furough... and where do they go?

Will every airline inthe US be obligated to this National Seniority List? Even Jetblue? SKYW?

I firmly believe the environment is right for a national list. It's time. And it can be done.

I understand that is what you believe to be true...but that doesn't mean what you believe is logical.....

waiting for your pragmatic application.....

Latest resources

Back