• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is this practical?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I bet you'll do a fine job on the ride, so congratulations in advanced!

Welcome to the wacky world of 135. Just a bunch of rag-tag pirates, pilaging and plundering the airspace system as we go. :)

Have fun, stay safe, and if you get that feeling in the pit of your stomach, don't go!!

By the way, save all your checkride forms. You will get a copy each time. In the future, you may have applications into other places, and your former operator (s) went out of business, and naturaly destroyed all the records. The only way for you to prove your worth is to have your copies.

Good luck, and stay outta my way. I only blow the horn once and then I'm coming through!!!!

Good luck dude! You are to be commend for asking the questions.
Its freaky gettting going on your own but its just another airplane. Do your best and you will be fine!

I hope your POI isn't Ellen Tom......cle fsdo. If so...run. very fast and very far.

Tommy Boy said:
I hope your POI isn't Ellen Tom......cle fsdo. If so...run. very fast and very far.

Is she new, or is it possible she's not there anymore? I've been flying 135 under the CLE FSDO for a little while now and haven't ever heard of her. Hope I don't from the sounds of it... Most of the people I've run into there are very decent.

Last edited:
EatSleepFly said:
Is she new, or is it possible she's not there anymore? I've been flying 135 under the CLE FSDO for a little while now and haven't ever heard of her. Hope I don't from the sounds of it... Most of the people I've run into there are very decent.

She ran a Lear off the runway up in detroit, so she started working for the feds. She has had it in for pilots eversince. Guess since she can't fly then you can't either. She is why feds get bad names. A friend of mine actually had to pull the AIM out on her and explain DME holds.....on a checkride. She told him he was doing it wrong and that "every private pilot knows how to do it". I don't think she even apologized when she realized it was her who was clueless.

Not sure if she is still up there or not. It has been 5 years or so since I had to deal with her.

I took a Lear checkride from Ellen about 5 years ago, no problems. She had some arguably incorrect ideas, but she was certainly no worse than any other inspector I've dealt with.

I've learned over the years that almost all inspectors have a few strange ideas they want to push on you. Just nod and smile, and say "Hmm, I didn't realize that. Thanks for telling me." Don't argue. They need to show they are smarter than you are.

Tommy Boy said:
She ran a Lear off the runway up in detroit, so she started working for the feds. She has had it in for pilots eversince. Guess since she can't fly then you can't either. She is why feds get bad names. A friend of mine actually had to pull the AIM out on her and explain DME holds.....on a checkride. She told him he was doing it wrong and that "every private pilot knows how to do it". I don't think she even apologized when she realized it was her who was clueless.

Not sure if she is still up there or not. It has been 5 years or so since I had to deal with her.

I passed the check today. The POI isn't any of the women listed before. She was very professional and very complimentary of me. It was probably the best I've ever done on a checkride. I had gotten some bad info on the POI evidently b/c she made me feel very at ease. I felt 100% comfortable in the airplane and felt like I was just out for a ride. NOW I can sleep at night. Thanks for the coments.

Latest resources

Back