Is this it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AV8TR28

I had a great interview on Friday with a Reserve squadron.
The recruiter called me on Monday and said the unit told him they wanted to sponsor me for board this March. He then told me that he had been on the phone with HQ and that they wouldn't consider me for a UPT because I'll be 30 in July. Apparently there was an email sent out stating that candidates cannot turn 30 prior to Oct.1 2007.
Is this it? I know the age waiver is extremely difficult to get, especially a non-prior.
Any advice would help.

Thanks

put in for the age waiver. . If they want you they can pull it off. . What are they going tell you . ? ? ? No? worth a try. .

Your first big mistake is dealing with the recruiter...they don't know squat. Why is he calling you to tell you the news and not someone from the squadron??? Anyway, you need to be 30 by the time you start pilot training, period dot. You can get waivers but they are tricky. Again, it's going to be the squadron (ops) working the waiver and not your recruiter...

I did get a call from one of the flight commanders about two days after. He said the same thing as the recruiter. He said they've tried to get people who were even in the squadron age waivers for UPT and they were denied. He sounded very sincere and even told me they weren't going to sponsor anybody for the March boards, but that after my interview they decided they would sponsor me. However based on my age it wasn't going to work. Should I check back in with him?

I did get a call from one of the flight commanders about two days after. He said the same thing as the recruiter. He said they've tried to get people who were even in the squadron age waivers for UPT and they were denied. He sounded very sincere and even told me they weren't going to sponsor anybody for the March boards, but that after my interview they decided they would sponsor me. However based on my age it wasn't going to work. Should I check back in with him?
Go get a job at a 121 carrier, build up time, senority, pay! Or...... wait till you're almost 40, leave the military and then what?

It's the reserves. Not active duty.

Call the flt/cc back and talk to him. Keep pushing. Someone may drop out of an earlier class and you can get in. If you get your physical done you can also check with other units to see if they are having any open UPT slots.

Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back