Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BeerNear

Amigos,

In an attempt to pay the bills until the airline thing gets better, I applied to be a FAM. I am currently trapped in stop loss. I have a guard unit that wants me now and am applying for a waiver. Do you think this is a good idea or should I ride it out on active duty waiting for stop loss to end? Thanks for any advice.

BN

Amigo,
I applied for the FAM as soon as the application became available. I have the ATP and some other experience that they were looking for on the app. Unfortunately, I have heard nothing back from them and have only heard of a few people who are getting interviews. Several folks in my reserve squadron have been called, but they can't get out due to our activation. These folks are all police officers for the state or for local authorities. I have not heard of any pilots getting the call. One of the state troopers in my unit said the FAMs are looking first at the cops and any one else who has been to the specialized weapons training conducted by the FBI. At any rate, I wouldn't count on it to put food on the table. You may look at the FAA Air Safety Investigator application as another avenue. Good Luck,

-#1 W

p.s. Looking at other posts about the stop loss, I think you may not have a choice but to ride it out.

Thanks, that's what I thought.

I sure appreciate the insight even if it's bad news. I hope when this is all over, stop lossed guys and gals aren't forgotten about. I wouldn't mind riding this thing out with all of its deployments if I knew I had a job waiting for me when it was over. Take care,

BN

This has nothing to do with FAMs, but...

I haven't heard the terms 'beer-neer' or 'on-on' for a long time.

The last time I heard those was in the early 90's when I was an enlisted jarhead based in Okinawa and a friend of mine introduced me to the 'Hash runs'.

Run through town, run through the jungle, run through town some more, drink lots of beer and sing dirty songs around a campfire. What a blast!!

Cheers
4fm

Latest resources

Back