is this a 91 flight?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A36DRIVER

My Dads airplane is on lease back to a flight school. it has three hours to hundred hour inspection. My dad wants me to make a flight that will exceed the inspection time. it is not a rental flight nor will instruction be taking place. But for a pilot who is not on the registration to fly the airplane eventhough it is a 91 flight, does the inspection need to be completed?

You can only exceed the 100 hrs by a max of 10 hrs, if the hrs are needed to ferry the plane to a place of maintance.

I believe...

TMMT

:confused:

100 hours

I agree if for compensation or hire, there is usually a 10% grace period built into the inspection due times.

However, if the flight is personal or not producing revenue the only required inspection would be the annual. This of course doesn't allow for x-ponder, altimeter, static, ad's etc.

But before the aircraft could be used for revenue again, the 100 hour would be need to be completed. Usually the inspection would then be retroactive to the original due time.

If you're not carrying passengers for compensation or hire, then you don't need a 100 hour inspection. Weather you are a registered owner or not, makes no difference.

The inspection must be completed before the airplane can be rented again, or used for instruction by those other than the owner.

Make the fligth.

100 hour

Thanks for the correction avbug. I forgot about pax only requirement with the inspections.

Senility must be setting in.

Latest resources

Back