Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is there skill involved in selling flight lessons?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll add an experience I had for whatever it might suggest to you for an idea.

The first November after I got my CFI, I "advertised" a 3-lesson gift certificate with the slogan "Did you give socks for Christmas last year? This year give the gift of flight." The advertising was on my web site, but the primary target was the (non-aviation) company I worked for at the time. They were priced so that, while I wouldn't make a lot, I would not lose money either.

I sold 4 or 5 packages. As I recall, two people continued taking lessons, one took only two of the three, and one never used it at all.

nosehair said:
...yet some of us just love to spend hours in the traffic pattern banging out landings with those who can't really afford it, but the spirit is within them. They love it - I love it - what's not to love?

If you're flying the plane in your avatar, I wouldn't mind a few days spent banging out landings myself, until the first bee got stuck between my teeth from my ear-to-ear grin.

Unlike the airlines, one can really 'choose their own adventure' as a flight instructor.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

Once again, thanks for the posts. My company offers a variety of intro flight packages, so that is not a new concept to me, but some of your other ideas I'll have to try.

Since I posted this I've picked up two new students!

Latest resources

Back