Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is there a site to show what hours you need?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wuberoo

I am looking for a website that will show the hours needed for each license all the way up to ATP? I am looking for a breakdown of WITH an Instructor and W/O an Instructor? The flying time leading up to each license w/o the instructor is what I'm getting at.

Avbug is correct; it is all listed on that site. You just need to know where to look. One of the requirements of a certificate is you need to "be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language" so his site reference is the "minimum" you need to answer your question.

With all due respect your question is a little hard to answer. As I read the OP I get the vision of a 16 year old asking "I have a little money, what car should I buy?" Your question has many variables and the minimum "legal" hours you need to take the exam is like the price of a car, there is the price of the car, the tax, title, any prep expenses, repair expenses to get it roadworthy, etc. You may find a site that lists the minimum hours but that is not always the total "cost" of obtaining a certificate.

Besides, Avbug just listed Part 61, you can also go Part 141 where the hour requirements are less but you may have to travel to the 141 school to do so. And some seem to go bankrupt and disappear with your flight records half way through......

If you want to become a pilot, do so. The number of hours required is in the program you will sign up for. If you are looking at the cost, It is kind of like owning a large power boat. If you are concerned about the gas mileage, you can't afford the boat.

Part 141 might require less hours, but I can garuntee you it will cost more. Stay Part 61 and refer to the numbers Avbug listed.

Latest resources

Back