Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Markm1811

you did what Capt ??
I thought I saw once a Pilots creed or an ode to the professional pilot. I looked around but the only thing I saw was the SCAB's definition (wow)... In case you are wondering.. the dispatchers have one. just wondered who else does...

Midnight Brit -

Dispatchers Creed..
Upon my honor I pledge that I shall conscientiously exercise the rights and duties conferred upon me as a certified dispatcher with primary concern for the safety of the lives and preservation of the property affected by my decisions. In the performance of my duties I shall never approve the operation of a flight which in my considered opinion is hazardous.

I PLEDGE, also, to follow with unremitting attention the progress of each flight under my control. I shall be alert to warn the captain of unforeseen meteorological developments, unexpected losses of navigational aids or sudden changes in traffic and field conditions which might adversely affect the successful completion of his trip. In addition, I shall be prepared to offer, unsolicited, an alternative plan of action to him when the original plan cannot be followed. In an emergency, I shall be prepared to make full and immediate use of the facilities available to me to aid the stricken flight.

I PLEDGE, finally, to keep pace with the latest advances in the science of aeronautics and supplementary fields of study relevant to my responsibility so that my competency as a dispatcher which depends upon knowledge of such subjects will be maintained.

EatSleepFly said:
If that stands for what I think it does, that's about right lately. :(
Hahaha...I had to go look up what fyigm on Google.

At least the pilot's creedo doesn't have anything dumb in it like "striving to keep ones private life unsullied" or something similar.

SCAB work ethic-WORK LIKE CRAZY-give the employer 110%, always make his wishes first. The company is always first consideration in a decisions-then you die-end of story..

"Don't crash"

VNugget said:
"Don't crash"

You're confusing that with the Helicopter FAR's ;)

I pledge to work as little as possible for as much as possible

how does that fly? sounds like most pilots i have known :)

Latest resources

Back