Is there a chance?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PDH

Is any military branch so desperate for pilots that they would take the following:

31 years old
400 hrs. fixed wing, 140 multi
78 college credits to date (3.2 GPA)
good health

And a degree for USAF/USN/USMC/USCG fixed wing. Not sure about Army warrants, but I think they need 4 yr degrees, too.

Sound like a candidate for WOFT to me. Last couple Guard units I talked to said they were doing waivers up to 33. No degree requirement for WOFT.

No you do not need a degree of any type to be a warrant officer. Below is directly from the Army Warrant officer recruiting page:

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]Warrant Officer Flight Training (WOFT)(Civilian, Member of a Reserve or National Guard) Contact your local Army recruiter to start your Warrant Officer Flight (WOFT) Packet. This will consist of you taking the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), the Alternate Flight Aptitude Screening Test (AFAST), and the basic enlistment physical. You must be at least 18 and not have reached your 32nd birthday at the time of selection. Age waivers above the age of 32 have an approval rate of less than 2%. You must be a US Citizen. Legal infractions above traffic violations will require a waiver.

[/SIZE]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]You must achieve a score of 50 or higher on the ASVAB test while achieving a GT score (one of ten sub test scores from the ASVAB) of 110 or higher. You must score 90 or higher on the AFAST test. A Class 1-A/W Flight Physical will then be scheduled. You cannot have had Radial Keratonomy eye surgery. Your eyesight cannot be more than 20/50 and must be correctable to 20/20. There is a study group being conducted on personnel who have undergone eye surgery for entry into the Warrant Officer Flight Training Program. Please visit this site for additional information concerning the study group: http://www.rucker.amedd.army.mil/dept/aama/

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]You will have to provide a copy of your high school and college diplomas and transcripts, references from no more than 6 of your closest friends in as high a position within the community as possible. Your references should include community service, volunteer work, character, physical ability, scholarly and leadership traits. You will have to complete a signed, one page, handwritten, narrative addressing the statement "Why I want to be an Army Aviator". No assistance in preparation of the paper is authorized other than the use of a dictionary. You will also be required to get a full-length photo in professional attire. Your packet will be forwarded to the recruiting battalion headquarters for review; they will convene a board of officers for you to appear before. Their recommendation and your application packet will be forwarded to the USAREC Selection Board. Once the USAREC Selection Board has adjourned and the results are approved, the recruiter will be notified of the results. If selected, you will have 10 days to go to the MEPS where you took your physical and enlist into the Army as a Warrant Officer Flight Training Candidate. You will not leave that day, you will be given a report date from 3 weeks to 12 months later. You can also find information on the Warrant Officer Flight Training program at goarmy.com
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/FONT]

I'm not sure. I did know many people in my flight class had no prior enlisted service and they were going to be pilots in the Guard. It may be a requirement that the units themselves place on the slots if they are highly sought after.

Latest resources

Back