Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

328dude

Still turning two
Just curious, but has anyone had trouble getting things to pop up? For instance, I can't get page two of general dscussions to come up. My connections fine and is cable, but others like regionals seem to be a bit slow. Some don't come up at all.

Just wondering if it was just my computer or are others having trouble too.

328dude

Lately, I get the emails about discussions I'm in long after I already read and responded to a thread.

But.....I am running the "new" and "great" windows XP, so its probably a Bill Gates issue.

aero99 said:
Lately, I get the emails about discussions I'm in long after I already read and responded to a thread.

But.....I am running the "new" and "great" windows XP, so its probably a Bill Gates issue.

You get an e-mail about a discussion whenever someone replies to a discussion you participated in. For example, if someone replies to this thread a month from now, you'll get an e-mail about it as you are considered "subscribed" to this thread once you post. You can control your "subscriptions" in the user cp area.

:cool:

Yes

I have noticed that it has been a little slower the past couple days and use a cable modem.

I too have also noticed pages loading a little bit slower, thought I was the only one.

PS. You only get e-mails when someone responds to a thread you posted on if you click the "Email Notification" box underneath the text box when you reply. If you don't want to be e-mailed everytime someone posts on a thread you participated in, then don't check that box when you post. You can also unsubscribe from a thread (or all threads) by clicking the link in the e-mail you recieve.

I know how the email notification works.

What happens is I will get a notification from the post illini just posted later tonight after I have already read it and the three post after this one.

I haven't seen any slowdown on the pages though.....

Gotta love this technology age we live in.

As far as slow pages, this is a 99% chance it's your internet connection. From times between 1700L to 2100L the Internet is pounded and typically slow across the board. Try the site in the morning when Internet traffic along your path is faster. The server is not under any load, this forum is at 100% capability and not at all under pressure.

For the e-mail issue, this is a function of a couple of things, but not to get too technical, e-mail is a low priority and is sent based on other factors, not instantly.

HTH,

Board speed

The board runs pretty well most of the time at home and at my office. Just the last day or so e-mails notifying me of privates have been delayed. I have noticed that indeed at night the board runs slower.

I changed ISPs to MSN and things actually run faster with MSN. I have the same DSL provider.

Latest resources

Back