Is the Citation X a POS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hgi2006

Need some info regarding the Citation X. I know it had some entry into service issues, but how is it now? Are pre-owned Citation X's generally reliable?

Currently there are over 20 used Citation Xs on the market from serial number 1 to 269. As to how reliable they may be would depend on the previous operator.

Arnie is selling his X? What does he plan to replace it with?

If Arnold Palmer sold his X and purchased something other than a Citation that would be a big image issue for Cessna. Arnold Palmer has owned the first production Citation in each series that Cessna has put out for many years now. He is literally their #1 customer.

A little of the subject, anyone attending the NBAA this week will see a X decked out with winglets. Thats what I'm told anyway.

A little of the subject, anyone attending the NBAA this week will see a X decked out with winglets. Thats what I'm told anyway.

It also needs: Better brakes, auto spoilers and modern avoincs i.e. Pro-line 21

Need some info regarding the Citation X. I know it had some entry into service issues, but how is it now? Are pre-owned Citation X's generally reliable?

I would not say POS. It's a good airplane. It does many things very well. It is fast, comfortable and has good range. It is also lots of fun to fly. That said, even the newer ones continue to have some reliability issues.

Consider your mission. If you are going to bounce back and forth between the east and west cost, this is your plane. If you are going to do a lot of short hops, there may be better choices.

The best brakes are the huge buckets on it. I thought the brakes were good though. What it really needs is a bigger cockpit. Ours has been pretty reliable. There probably are more reliable planes though. It reminds me of the talking Chryslers with the digital dashboards of the 80's. Just more complicated than it needs to be. The airframe/engines/performance are great. If it was a little less digital reliability would improve.

Latest resources

Back