Is SWA still interviewing?

JumpJetter

Basking in LUV!
Total Time
I've read that there will "probably" be no more classes this year, but is the PD still conducting interviews, and do they plan to continue this year?

Thanks
JJ

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Total Time
>12000
I know they (we) will be interviewing in October.

emb120

Total Time
I spoke to one of the People Dept. people last week regarding a buddy of mine. She said that they were booked through Oct. as far as interviews go, and after that were "up in the air". Hopefully, with the Boeing strike apparently almost over, things will pick up again soon.

SWA GUY

BMF
Total Time
: emiT
I asked my CP last week if we were planning on cancelling newhire classes for the remainder of the year. He promptly picked up the phone and called Dallas and got me an answer.

At least one class in OCT, maybe two.

SWA GUY

BMF
Total Time
: emiT
Chase! Where are you???

He normally has the scoop in these cases. Hmmm...maybe he went to upgrade class?

scopeCMRandASA

Total Time
xxx
emb120 said:
I spoke to one of the People Dept. people last week regarding a buddy of mine. She said that they were booked through Oct. as far as interviews go, and after that were "up in the air". Hopefully, with the Boeing strike apparently almost over, things will pick up again soon.

They are interviewing and they are calling people for october; early october as a matter of fact.

ATA For Now!

Total Time
I was told by the PD to expect an interview in 2 months or so. I hope they keep interviewing!

Alcatraz

Total Time
I talked to the PD today. This is nothing new, but just to verify what's been said earlier:

No classes in September or October.
Undecided on classes in November or December.

Classes normally get filled something like a month in advance, so hopefully we'll know in mid to late October what the November plans look like.

I've heard rumors from Southwest pilots that there might be 2 classes in November and 1 in December, but those are only rumors.

Fly safe all...

JumpJetter

Basking in LUV!
Total Time
Ok, guys thanks for the info, but just to get back to the THREAD.....they are still INTERVIEWING right?

F16TJ

Elated Member
Total Time
Enough
They're still interviewing. I interviewed last week and I have a friend of mine who is interviewing in two weeks.

LL said last week that interviewing will continue unabated.

Good luck to all!