Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JumpJetter

Basking in LUV!
I've read that there will "probably" be no more classes this year, but is the PD still conducting interviews, and do they plan to continue this year?

Thanks
JJ

I know they (we) will be interviewing in October.

I spoke to one of the People Dept. people last week regarding a buddy of mine. She said that they were booked through Oct. as far as interviews go, and after that were "up in the air". Hopefully, with the Boeing strike apparently almost over, things will pick up again soon.

I asked my CP last week if we were planning on cancelling newhire classes for the remainder of the year. He promptly picked up the phone and called Dallas and got me an answer.

At least one class in OCT, maybe two.

emb120 said:
I spoke to one of the People Dept. people last week regarding a buddy of mine. She said that they were booked through Oct. as far as interviews go, and after that were "up in the air". Hopefully, with the Boeing strike apparently almost over, things will pick up again soon.

They are interviewing and they are calling people for october; early october as a matter of fact.

I talked to the PD today. This is nothing new, but just to verify what's been said earlier:

No classes in September or October.
Undecided on classes in November or December.

Classes normally get filled something like a month in advance, so hopefully we'll know in mid to late October what the November plans look like.

I've heard rumors from Southwest pilots that there might be 2 classes in November and 1 in December, but those are only rumors.

Fly safe all...

Latest resources

Back