• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Spirit Hiring?/Furloughs Recalled?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I stay as far away from the puzzle palace (aka, HQ) as I can, but the newest seniority list shows that we have one group of newhires just finishing initial training, and I hear that we have another group hired but not yet in class.

The company has been dangling the "new airplane" carrot for years and I have yet to see one on the ramp. We are supposed to receive three to five more maddogs in the next year and obviously must hire to staff those craft.

Spirit is NOT Jetblue, AirTran, or SWA, we might someday approach the quality kind of company that those are, or we might remain an also ran. I don't have a crystal ball, so I can only hope that our management takes the steps necessary to move up to a bigger league. In the meantime, it beats being furloughed.
:)

regards,
enigma

Just so that I don't leave the wrong impression............
I have been contacted by other NK pilots, who seem to be worried that I have left the wrong impression about my employer. So, Spirit isn't a bad job, and most of the pilot group are great people. Most all of us are certainly happy to be employed and work hard to ensure Spirits success. However, that doesn't stop me from realizing that we are NOT SWA or JetBlue. But then again, neither are AA/AAA/UA/DAL, etc SWA or JetBlue either. I'm not down on Spirit, I just recognize that we have a way to go.

regards,
enigma

Latest resources

Back