Is NetJet buying FlOpt?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FLOPS and Raytheon

From listening to the FLOPS weekly message from Ken Ricci it sure sounds like Raytheon is taking control. Lots of spin.

You could have re-arranged the chairs on the deck of the Titanic the result would have been the same. But listen to the message, the band is still playing!

Last edited:
I have said it before on this board...but it's worth repeating.

You fractional guys sure seem to enjoy gloating over what you perceive as another company's misfortune. As if you believe that will somehow enhance your own company's position in the industry.:rolleyes:

From listening to the FLOPS weekly message from Ken Ricci it sure sounds like Raytheon is taking control. Lots of spin.
1-888-291-3828 press 3 when prompted.

What really makes me wonder is why you seem to care so much? I think trainerjet has it right.

Why exactly do you waste your time listening to the Flight Options weekly announcements when it has absolutely no effect on you? I don't waste my time checking up on your company, because I really don't care. I don't work there - though I know several that do.

This is a serious question. Why do you care so much about Flight Options?

By the way, why don't you share the phone number that you guys use to contact your dispatch/management since you seem to enjoy throwing others out there?

Sounds like Raytheon will be the majority share holder of Flight Options. I see nothing wrong with this. Maybe some stock options or a better retirement will come out of it? Nothing wrong with being backed by an 18 billion dollar company.

Worried

I can see one company watching another. The employees of the companies don't need to worry about it though

Why would you post a number that has nothing to do with you? So how about that "contract" that you guys have been waiting on for? Let's post a number we can call and check on the status of that. You worry about your "contract" and I will worry about my company.

I think it's fair to post useful information about companies here also. Not to post numbers that everybody doesn't need to know. Also just to post it to gloat about hard-times of another company. Again that useful information. Hey how about that "contract"?

EJA_PIC,

Way to go. You've just proven to everyone on the board you are a total toolbox. You've posted that number in very poor taste.

With a backing from Raytheon, it'll give us the financing to keep up growth and expansion. We are still hiring pilots, still buying airplanes, and giving our f/o's raises (making more than your first year captains). Oh wait, your new contract will pay first year Ultra PICs six figures. Whatever you are smoking, I need to get me some of that!! Be a realist. You are a serious loser.

Last edited:
You worry about your "contract" and I will worry about my company.

I'll take a contract with a company any day. A prime example why we have a union are company credit cards. FLOPS got issued them without any imput from the pilot force. Nobody knows if FLOPS goes bankrupt or fails to pay a bill does that go on the pilot's credit report. Nobody is making any more hotel points on their own credit card anymore. Had a long discussion with a FLOPS pilot who is a good friend of mine about this. He was worried about his credit implications.

Take a look at NJA with the credit card. The company has tried to issue them but the union came in and said no. They need more information like who will be liable for those cards. Who's credit history does it affect. What will happen to our airline and hotel miles. The company now has to answer all these questions to our satisfaction and even then they can't break the status quo while in negotiations.

Every time the company tries to change something on the pilot force they are held accountable. They must answer questions that the union ie the pilots force present. They can't force it on us and during negotiations they can't change the status quo.

Sure negotiations are taking a long time. I will freely admit that I am frustrated with the length of the process. Yet I am united with my fellow pilots in making sure that this next contract will be a great one not just a good one. Otherwise it doesn't get MY vote.

It's a shame what is happening to FLOPS. I think that raytheon getting involved isn't such a good idea. It might not give a true clear picture of who the leader of FLOPS is Ricci or the bean counters at Raytheon.

Sorry for the ramble.

Diesel: You don't have a clue, do you? First the amex cards we have are for hotel only, and we have a letter from amex that the cards will never effect our credit, good or bad. Second we never used our own cards for hotel, so no points before. Now we get points for hotels threw the amex rewards program. Its also much easyer to check into hotels. Thank you FO for making our lifes easyer!
Diesel says "Its a shame what is happing at FO." What is a shame? FO is growing, they just gave the FO's a pay raise, we have a major company backing us, with the same managament!
Things could not be better. All this and no union dues.

I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but what the heck? Each side thinks the other side is clueless anyway.

Originally posted by Answerguy
we have a major company backing us...
You have a major company that wanted OUT of the frac business backing you.
Stable?

Things could not be better.
Couldn't find backing, so merged with Raytheon.
Still needing help, so Raytheon has to up their share.
(Do you think Raytheon won't divest all interest in FO at the first chance it gets? )
Stable?

All this and no union dues.
We pay $0 for insurance

You pay approx 3 times our union dues for your insurance.
(per the RTA/FO conversion site)

I wouldn't use the "we don't pay dues" argument anymore.

NJA cap: Can't we just all get along? I could go on for hours about who gets paid more, and who pays union dues and who does not. I really don't care that nj pilots don't pay for insurance. I do care when somone is posting stuff that they don't have a clue about, "diesel" about the company credit cards." NJ is a good company, and FO is a good company. FO is by no means going down the toilet, like many people on this board would like to see. Their has been talk of taking it public for as long as i can remember, and i beleave this will happen someday. Do you think Raytheon would let anything bad happen to FO? Just think of 90 beechjets and 50 Hawkers on the used market, that would put the ICT plant out of business. Raytheon did a bad job of managing TA, thats why they went to FO. And the companys are working great together. People have way to much money into FO to let anything happen to it, and that is job security! I think 38 aircrafts were sold last year, G4's and Citation X's are selling well, all this durring a bad economy.

Latest resources

Back