Is Lakes holding on?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

darbford

There has not been any news from Great Lakes in the last couple weeks. Did the August new hire class happen, and are there any other classes planned for Sept. or Oct? I am interested in flying with GLA and am curious to the current situation. ANY info will be much appreciated. Thanks;)

on the slow boat

From what I was told... October may be the next new hire class. When Vanguard folded a lot of ex-Lakers came back and went through recurrent instead of Lakes having to train us guys in the pool. So, what choice do we have, keep waiting or find another job.

Maybe Hooter Air will start and those guys will go back to work and create alot of vacancies.

I'm one of the swimmers in the GLA pool. I received the good news in mid-July but they havn't called me for a class date yet.

Where did you get the info about the Vanguard guys and a class in Oct?

Looking at my bid package I just got a couple days ago, it says there is a new hire class in the 1900 starting september 3 and going to sept. 26th.

Cornelius

Thanks for the info, that sounds like good news for those of us swimming. Sept. 3 is only 2 weeks away, has the new class already been notified? I'm also curious to the size of the class, any guesses?

K

There will probably be 20 people in the class and I don't know if people have been notified yet. When I was hired last year, they gave me a month notice which is how they should still do it. If you haven't heard anything by today, I would try givin HR a call and see wassup.

"When Vanguard folded a lot of ex-Lakers came back and went through recurrent instead of Lakes having to train us guys in the pool."

I was told that by a Lakes pilot trying to keep me posted.

I also got the letter mid-July.. I called Christine two days ago and she made no mention of a new-hire class in Sept and told me it would be more likely Octoberish for the next "new-hire" class. Telll me if you find out anything different. Feel free to PM me

Latest resources

Back