• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Is Jetblue going to be moving?

bgaviator

Total Time
~ 400
Hey JB dispatchers,
I heard awhile back that JB was strongly considering moving to Orlando. What's the probability of this, and when are they thinking about the move if there is truth to it?

airbrush

Total Time
I heard that from several JetBlue pilot friends at Oshkosh, and they seemed to believe it was definitely going to happen. No one had a specific timetable, although the general impression was that it would probably happen in 2010. That's all the info I've got.

bgaviator

Total Time
~ 400
How would you even transition a dispatch center? I'd imagine they'd have to be running ops out of two locations for awhile, and slowly filter dispatchers to the new center.

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
UAL will be doing it, but even then its just a cross town move...

SKC

Total Time
How would you even transition a dispatch center? I'd imagine they'd have to be running ops out of two locations for awhile, and slowly filter dispatchers to the new center.

That's exactly what you do. During the transition from ICT to RFD in my previous life, we had RFD up and running with a couple of people up there testing for a week. Then one day had them start all the ops while we had a couple of folks in ICT ready in case things started to fall apart. Once RFD had been running the show for a few days, ICT was "shut off".

Obviously this was a small scale operation, but any move like this would require this type of planning.

twabudman

Total Time
10K+
heard real good rumors.....that they will be staying in NY....not leaving....

and yes, you need to have two simultaneous operations running at the same time

the lease is up for the FSC in 2012....they are supposed to let everyone know by the end of the year.....

onewithwings

Total Time
14 yrs
We operate out of the hangar but we have an emergency SOC in the terminal if something should happen to the hangar. We send people over to turn on and test the back-up equipment every few months.

Headfake14

646 3A
Total Time
10000+
It'll have to be a pretty sweat deal for us to stay...and I mean, extra cavities. The FSC is wicked expensive to stay in. MCO would be much less expensive.

As long as we save $$...I'm good either way. As far as WHERE in MCO...who knows.

twabudman

Total Time
10K+
I hear NYC is making a deal to keep them there....more so, than MCO....

I guess the Mighty Mike Bloomberg doesnt like to lose!!!