• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is it true about Pinnacle????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The lowest that came my way during OE was 270 Hours total time. I'm amazed as to how folks always say PCL when talking about hiring low timers, this is an Industry problem folks not just PCL. they are hiring low time pilots at all regionals

Instead of flying a half hour it might be safer to rent a car and drive 2 hrs. Not to mention you'd get there on time and for less money.

Yeah, I wold bet that not too long in the future we will hear that it is safer to drive than to fly.

I keep hearing about street captains at PCL.

Let's say someone with 4000 hrs gets hired there. That pilot has no CRJ time, but comes from another 121 carrier.

Is there something to prevent that pilot from being JA'd into the left seat directly, or would he be given a chance to learn the airplane from the right seat first?

I have the latest on Pinnacle's minimums...

This is directly from my girlfriend's husband's mother's dog...

1. Pinnacle is outsourcing crew scheduling to India.

2. So, the new mins are:

* Pulse (optional, but preferred)

* Ability to speak Hindi... it will help dealing with the Indian crew schedulers.

Regional airlines and Greyhound are remarkably similar these days. Go Greyhound. It's cheaper and you don't have to screw with TSA.

Was engaged in conversation by an elderly gentleman (80ish) during a DH to LFT from MEM and the jist of the conversation was how when he was young a Grayhound driver was considered a very desirable occupation-you wore a suit and tie, responsible for many lives, and good pay and how the job is now considerably diminished. He then made the connection to pilots and the current declining status of our occupation.

I know of at least 3 people at XJ with retired parents at NWA who got hired in the 60's with a lot less time than the current regional average. The point of this comment is that the 60's are when NWA got known as the cobra airline (will strike if provoked). hopefully as the pilot pool dries up we can make this into a desirable occupation again.

9E pilots we at XJ suport you 100%- give em hell!

Latest resources

Back