• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

is it just me.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In your case, maybe you should have returned from your vacation/business trip a day earlier?

You really think that travelling on Saturday instead of Sunday would have made a difference?
here's a side note (there were a total of 3 flights that kept getting delayed for no apparent reason. Ours was the least delayed, the others were pushing 6 hours of delays and then cancelled shortly after midnight. We left approx 12:30am

Am I wrong for expecting good customer service? I said in my first post "I don't have a problem being delayed"
It's the total lack of customer service skills that Delta agents have that has me upset.

I have been delayed on other flights before and at least with other carriers you get treated like a customer and not harshly like Delta was treating us.

I'll sit in the airport as long as I have to if it means the airline can fly me out on a plane they're 100% confident is safe. Sh!t happens. There are a lot worse places to spend seven hours. That's why aiports have bookstores.

Of course, I'm still one of those people that's amazed by the fact that I can have lunch in Florida, then have Dinner in Ohio. I think that's lost on a lot of folks. Keep up the good work fellas (and ladies)!

You can go to the bookstore my friend. I'll go to the bar. :beer:

You really think that travelling on Saturday instead of Sunday would have made a difference?
sometimes...yes. pax loads are SIGNIFICANTLY lighter on saturdays.

Am I wrong for expecting good customer service? I said in my first post "I don't have a problem being delayed"
It's the total lack of customer service skills that Delta agents have that has me upset.
you have every right to expect good customer service from ANY agent that you encounter. but shouldn't agents have the right to expect well behaved, ar at the very least, tolerable, pax? FYI- Delta doesn't have a corner on the market for rude agents, they work at EVERY airline in EVERY airport in this country. you just haven't had the displeasure of encountering them yet. there are also super agents that work for every airline in every airport as well. next time you encounter a good agent make a mental note of it because it happens far too often that bad customer service is remembered more than good customer service.
in your situation, what would have been the right answer? what could those agents have told you that would have kept you from getting rankled the way you did, anything?

like some of the others have said, take a walk, go to the bookstore, have a brew...whatever it takes to lower the blood pressure a bit and know that the agents are doing the best job they can with what's handed to them. :)

Best Service

The best service I have ever had was Lufthansa wow have to give them props for service..

Of course, I'm still one of those people that's amazed by the fact that I can have lunch in Florida, then have Dinner in Ohio. I think that's lost on a lot of folks. Keep up the good work fellas (and ladies)!

You too? People like us are getting scarce. As many times as I've flown, I'm still slightly in awe of the whole process. When riding in back as self-loading cargo, and we begin the takeoff roll, I still look outside and think it's cool when we lift off. From the back, it ALWAYS feels like the deck angle is much higher than it is; I'd swear we're at 40 degrees or more. Just feels different. Pretty much everyone else is reading a magazine.

When I'm confronted by the super-whiny businessman in 4E, who is red-faced and shouting because the flight is 18 minutes late, or they ran out of the salmon, sometimes I feel like saying, "You a$$. It took your great-great-grandparents FIVE FRIGGING MONTHS, exposed to horrible danger, disease, and starvation, to travel the same distance you are about to do in 3 hours, sipping chardonnay and eating lamb chops. So SIT DOWN AND STFU!" Thinking thoughts like these allows me to maintain a vacant smile which can be mistaken for real concern, rather than puching the jerk in the trachea and watching him choke on his own blood.

When I'm confronted by the super-whiny businessman in 4E, who is red-faced and shouting because the flight is 18 minutes late, or they ran out of the salmon, sometimes I feel like saying, "You a$$. It took your great-great-grandparents FIVE FRIGGING MONTHS, exposed to horrible danger, disease, and starvation, to travel the same distance you are about to do in 3 hours, sipping chardonnay and eating lamb chops. So SIT DOWN AND STFU!" Thinking thoughts like these allows me to maintain a vacant smile which can be mistaken for real concern, rather than puching the jerk in the trachea and watching him choke on his own blood.

ROFLMAO!! i used to have those same thoughts when i was a flight attendant....

Latest resources

Back