Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is it causing a decline in Delta ticket sales?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAF vs. USN/USMC

Delta! Well let's see. I've had so much fun through the years riding their wake turbulence while 2 dots above the GS on ILS approaches - more times than I can count. One time nearly inverted at 1000 AGL over ALTUR on the ILS26L at the old Stapleton Airport. My past aerobatic training in T-34B's has been very productive when flying behind DAL hardware. Love their attitude also. They're generally so nice and respectful to the former Western Airlines people and other pilots and crews.

I did ride on a `new' Delta 767-400 that was one of the most beautiful aircraft I've flown on. That was several years ago. I wonder if that same 767-400 has aged gracefully?

MAGNUM!, AF buddy. My hat is off, a gracious bow, and snappy salute goes to you guys flying the F-16's and F-15's over there...BUT you know those Navy/Marine FA-18's and F-14's take a hell of a beating out there in the salt spray and getting a `crud crew' corrosion control work over every 56 days.

Semper Fi!
P3 `Orion' Tweeker:cool:

Stealthh21 said:
Why would you do such a thing? Being a frequent flyer wont get you a job there. It has been a VERY long time since I had a good expierence with Delta. And, they don't very much care. If they did care, they would clean those airplanes sometimes, and paint them the same colors (what is with that?). And a treat their customers with some degree of respect. Oh well, the other legacy carriers are the same way.

whatever.

Thanks jacka$$. We carry more people than most airlines, even though it isn't for a profit apparently. We have added new interiors and new bathrooms to many aircraft, (MD88s and 757s currently) and paint the planes as they come through maintenance. I bet you love dumping your Lear 60 lav-----do you do it with a smile? Our planes are very clean---because I watch the army of people coming on when I say goodbye to the passengers and they help turn the plane in 45-55 minutes. Not bad. But you could do it faster on your Lear 60.......Make sure you stock up on Cokes...

Bye Bye--General Lee

flyboy06 said:
I heard last week that they may not be able to take Visa or Mastercard in the near future. What a great airline. Hmmmm I guess I'll have to use my Amex Delta gold card to buy tix.

I think they are trying to work that out. Some of that ASA money may go to them, and some cash on hand. Also, I like that you have my joke as your quote at the bottom. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
I think they are trying to work that out. Some of that ASA money may go to them, and some cash on hand. Also, I like that you have my joke as your quote at the bottom. Take care.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I hope so!! That should not have even made the news. What was Delta planning on doing if it wasn't fixed; pay at the door like a city bus? Whatever the case, they will find the money, an airline can't run (at least not for long) without the ability to take M/C or Visa.

Your joke was the best I've seen on this site.

General Lee said:
Thanks jacka$$. We carry more people than most airlines, even though it isn't for a profit apparently. We have added new interiors and new bathrooms to many aircraft, (MD88s and 757s currently) and paint the planes as they come through maintenance. I bet you love dumping your Lear 60 lav-----do you do it with a smile? Our planes are very clean---because I watch the army of people coming on when I say goodbye to the passengers and they help turn the plane in 45-55 minutes. Not bad. But you could do it faster on your Lear 60.......Make sure you stock up on Cokes...

Bye Bye--General Lee

I guess I wasn't referring to the interiors. And yes I do do it with a smile, cause 9 times out of 10 after I say good by to MY passengers, they slip a couple hundred bucks in my pocket. Anyway, sorry if I offended you. good for you guys having the newest bathrooms in the sky. Does an army every show up to wash the outside of the airplanes? and while we are dogging each other's position. you know what nevermind that. I will be the bigger man here. Sorry to offend you.

safe flying, we're not worthy!

Stealthh21 said:
I guess I wasn't referring to the interiors. And yes I do do it with a smile, cause 9 times out of 10 after I say good by to MY passengers, they slip a couple hundred bucks in my pocket. Anyway, sorry if I offended you. good for you guys having the newest bathrooms in the sky. Does an army every show up to wash the outside of the airplanes? and while we are dogging each other's position. you know what nevermind that. I will be the bigger man here. Sorry to offend you.

safe flying, we're not worthy!

You were pretty agressive in slammimng my airline first, and we have been trying to get better. It's tough when we watch our airline continue to falter even after giving up large pay cuts while trying to do a good job at the same time. Most of our airplanes are getting the "new" paint job as they go through regular maintenance, and we have a chart that gives us regular updates. With all of the current rain storms in ATL lately, I am sure most of them have been washed quite a bit.

So, quit cutting me down and I will quit cutting you down. Both of our jobs have interesting points, and I hope you get many $100 bills stuffed in your pants. I can't even get a Coke from most of our old stews. They are too busy reading magazines on the jumpseat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
You were pretty agressive in slammimng my airline first, and we have been trying to get better. It's tough when we watch our airline continue to falter even after giving up large pay cuts while trying to do a good job at the same time. Most of our airplanes are getting the "new" paint job as they go through regular maintenance, and we have a chart that gives us regular updates. With all of the current rain storms in ATL lately, I am sure most of them have been washed quite a bit.

So, quit cutting me down and I will quit cutting you down. Both of our jobs have interesting points, and I hope you get many $100 bills stuffed in your pants. I can't even get a Coke from most of our old stews. They are too busy reading magazines on the jumpseat.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I, as a full fare paying consumer/passenger, am entitled to my opinion about Delta and any other carrier!! I would never cut your job down, since I would really like to have it! And I know how hard it can be. As for the stews. Tell'em to get off their a$$e$ and get ya Coke!!!! Or just grab one on your way into the cockpit.

Fly safe~~

Stealthh21 said:
I, as a full fare paying consumer/passenger, am entitled to my opinion about Delta and any other carrier!! I would never cut your job down, since I would really like to have it! And I know how hard it can be. As for the stews. Tell'em to get off their a$$e$ and get ya Coke!!!! Or just grab one on your way into the cockpit.

Fly safe~~

I do, before the flight. But during a 6 hour transcon, good luck. I know you are entitled, and we still have alot of work to do, but to slam the whole airline is wrong. Give a specific example and I bet I would agree with you. But, as a whole, it is not like you described. There are some things I would love to change, but I try to fly safe and grease on the landings. That is all I can do, and I have said things to people who I thought should do something in a better way. I also wish they hadn't sold our fuel hedges, but I can't control a lot of things....

Bye Bye---General Lee

General Lee said:
I do, before the flight. But during a 6 hour transcon, good luck. I know you are entitled, and we still have alot of work to do, but to slam the whole airline is wrong. Give a specific example and I bet I would agree with you. But, as a whole, it is not like you described. There are some things I would love to change, but I try to fly safe and grease on the landings. That is all I can do, and I have said things to people who I thought should do something in a better way. I also wish they hadn't sold our fuel hedges, but I can't control a lot of things....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I was just commenting that as a whole, the exterior appearance of Delta, and ASA, and Comair have been grungy for the past couple of years. Overall! It is nice to hear that work is in order to try and fix that. Anyway! Enjoy it!!

Fly safe!!

Latest resources

Back