• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

340drvr

hmmmmm.....................yee haw? This from Avweb:

GIDDY-UP FOR LOWER FARES
If the various indignities of modern airline travel haven't been enough to push some disgruntled passengers toward private aviation, the SkyRider just might. Italian airliner seat manufacturer Aviointeriors will introduce a saddle-shaped design at next week's Aircraft Interiors Expo in Long Beach. It says can be installed in just 23 inches per seat. The base of the seat is, uh, form-fitting, with depressions for the legs that will naturally pitch them forward in what appears to be an attempt to minimize necessary leg room. The result is a half-standing/half-sitting posture, but designer Gaetano Perugini told USA Today it's not the standing room that some budget carriers have suggested. "Even though the (distance between seats) is extremely narrow, we are talking about seats, not about ... having passengers simply standing on the floor," he says. "You are sitting on a special seat, but it is a seat." Aviointeriors Director General Dominique Menoud said the seats will be as comfortable as a cowboy's saddle and he apparently wasn't kidding. "The seat ... is like a saddle. Cowboys ride eight hours on their horses during the day and still feel comfortable in the saddle." More...

I love that last line.....I mean, what the he!!, astronauts go to the moon using diapers, too, so lets eliminate the lavs, too (don't let Ryan see this!)

Last edited:
OK 2 comments.

1. Look at how narrow the space is between the two rows. Could a person evacuate from the window seat if the middle person was unconscious and still in the seat strapped in? If the answer is no then this thing is a no go as far as I am concerned but I won’t get to make that decision.

2. If you add 10 more rows to an aircraft the # of carryons will far exceed the bin space and you may very well run out of cargo space for luggage because those spaces are designed for the number of passengers that the plane currently holds.

Latest resources

Back