Is Island Air Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VERN

Are they hiring at all, and what are there mins like, I heard they are a good company. Is that true.....

VERN said:
Are they hiring at all, and what are there mins like, I heard they are a good company. Is that true.....

They just hired a class of six on July 6th. They are currently in CPT and are going to sim in the next few weeks. Line pilots are needed very bad.

Things are getting interesting with the new CEO and owners, First Q400 comes in November. 2nd in March and third in June. But could be sooner if Aloha tanks.

They've been conducting interviews all week 10-12 a day, but I dont know if thats for the pool or straight into class, but like I say, line pilots are needed, there is so many extra flying. Also the minimums are 1000 total and 200 multi last time I checked but this fluctuates as well. They lowered it to 800 and 200 in the last two classes but 8 people flunked out so they raised it back up.

As far as the company like any other company some people say its great and some people bitch all the time, basically you get out what you put it. Hope this helps you out ,Aloha

slatsnfive said:
Line pilots are needed very bad.
You sure about this one? No upgrades awarded in the last base bid and the summer schedule reverts to normal in a couple of months. Then there'll be plenty of reserves.

RJP said:
You sure about this one? No upgrades awarded in the last base bid and the summer schedule reverts to normal in a couple of months. Then there'll be plenty of reserves.

Yup, three pilots are starting CPT in August for Captain, and crew scheduling said they are having trouble with not enough reserves. Allow me to clarify that this is what I heard, take it for what its worth.

Vik said:
800/200 .. lots of washouts .. but at 1000/200 .. less washouts .. wow. what a diff 200 hrs TT makes.

Btw, get this back into the WP thread!!! traitors

Yeah 200 hours big deal. Actually the class currently in training is the first class since they raised the minimums to 1000 total and 200 multi. So far one has failed, which leaves six and they havent even gone to sim yet. Stay tuned I guess.

.....Supposedly the guy did not fail but left for family reasons.

And as of today, WP is short one crew, at least for the next two weeks...

Latest resources

Back