Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is housing allowance part of the 87500 credit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sunking

For all you USA expats, I was wondering if the housing and transportation allowanced part of the tax credit of 87,500 or is this just pertain to salary?

There is a housing exlcusion as well, which is on top of the foreign earned income exclusion. Read the pertinent IRS document for further details. FWIW Turbotax takes care of it for you and makes filing quiite easy.

TP

There is a housing exlcusion as well, which is on top of the foreign earned income exclusion. Read the pertinent IRS document for further details. FWIW Turbotax takes care of it for you and makes filing quiite easy.

TP
I like the Turbotax, been using it for years. Thanks for answering all my mundane questions, Im trying to weigh everything out before I make the plunge to the ME. So many people on these board are here to be cocky and sarcastic. You indeed brother are a true professional and I commend you for it. You make it easier for people like me.

For all you USA expats, I was wondering if the housing and transportation allowanced part of the tax credit of 87,500 or is this just pertain to salary?

look at the IRS istruction form '2555'. Its all there including the housing exclusion with specific daily amounts for the cities of Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

fv

Can anyone give a ballpark estimate of what good housing for a family of four would cost in Dubai? To be more specific, 3-4 bedroom place in a nice area (for wife and teenage daughters). I have read all that I could find on PPrune, etc, but I am still unsure as to what the real costs would be.

Thanks in advance....

Skipper

Can anyone give a ballpark estimate of what good housing for a family of four would cost in Dubai? To be more specific, 3-4 bedroom place in a nice area (for wife and teenage daughters). I have read all that I could find on PPrune, etc, but I am still unsure as to what the real costs would be.

Thanks in advance....

Skipper
I have found www.dubizzle.com to be an excellent source of what is being offered. You can put in specs that you desire as far as rooms and such. A four bedroom villa will cost 300-350k dhs a year. Most places want that 12 months rent up front. A three bedroom will cost 180-200k dhs a year. Check it out you'll enjoy the website, its basically the online classified adds.
Sunking.

Here is a good link for some further info on the original question. Note that Dubai is one of the mentioned "high cost" areas with higher housing exclusion.

Typhoonpilot

Latest resources

Back