Is CHQ Growing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DOGTIRED

Without the Continental flying, is chq expected to grow? Does anyone know the hiring projections? Are they taking any new a/c? 145's or 170's or are the deliveries finished. Thanks

Slight growth with 170 deliveries for the next year. How many exactly...I don't have the numbers off the top of my head. We haven't taken a 145 delivery in about a year.

We don't know WHAT is going on around here. Rumors, myths, and flat-out lies ABOUND right now, but there isn't really any solid info floating around "amongst the ranks." They ARE still hiring, but opinions differ on exactly what the pace of said hiring is now and is expected to be.

Wow, you must have been rejected for employment. The RAH/CHQ/SA system is the premiere regional airline, partnering with AA, UAL, US, DL, and now CAL. There will be many opportunities to work here with such diversity, and to fly some of the most advanced airliners in the sky.

er. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask a genuine question, but if I asked it elsewhere it would just turn in to a flamefest anyway, so why not. The question is "what is the problem with CHQ?" It seems that CHQ shows up next to Mesa, TSA, and Colgan fairly often in discussions on this board. Why is that? Without debating the relative merits of Mesa, TSA, and Colgan, which I'm sure are fine companies with a quick upgrade and everything if you're so inclined, why does CHQ fit in to the same category, or seem to anyway? As far as I can tell, the pay is mid to slightly high for a regional, upgrade is short although not terribly short. Lots of bases. Just doesn't seem that bad from the outside. What am I missing? I understand that the work rules aren't as great as, say, XJET, but are they that bad? Hostile management? What's the deal?

Also: I don't care whether EMBSKILLZ and similar transparent baiters actually work for CHQ or not. Every airline has a numbnuts or two, including yours, so let's try to avoid the ludicrousness of painting an entire pilot group with a broad brush based on what you read on the internet. Thanks.

Regards,
Boris

Boris Badenov said:
er. Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask a genuine question, but if I asked it elsewhere it would just turn in to a flamefest anyway, so why not. The question is "what is the problem with CHQ?" It seems that CHQ shows up next to Mesa, TSA, and Colgan fairly often in discussions on this board. Why is that? Without debating the relative merits of Mesa, TSA, and Colgan, which I'm sure are fine companies with a quick upgrade and everything if you're so inclined, why does CHQ fit in to the same category, or seem to anyway? As far as I can tell, the pay is mid to slightly high for a regional, upgrade is short although not terribly short. Lots of bases. Just doesn't seem that bad from the outside. What am I missing? I understand that the work rules aren't as great as, say, XJET, but are they that bad? Hostile management? What's the deal?

Also: I don't care whether EMBSKILLZ and similar transparent baiters actually work for CHQ or not. Every airline has a numbnuts or two, including yours, so let's try to avoid the ludicrousness of painting an entire pilot group with a broad brush based on what you read on the internet. Thanks.

Regards,
Boris

RAH as a company has low operating costs across the board, not just from flight crew. They are able to bring a product that is better than the other "bottom feeders" but still at a reduced cost. That equation makes for many codeshares, that makes for a bunch of butthurt wholly-owneds, or former wholly-owneds for that matter. the truth is, nobody is better than the next guy. it is a pilot ego thing. CHQ et al grows because of understaffing and low overhead all while bringng a good product. think back to high school, if you weren't one of the popular or smart kids, chances are you hated them.

It's not so much CHQ as it is having another company come and underbid the same flying you have been doing. It makes it hard to have good pay, good QOL when someone else comes along and says I'll do it cheaper. CHQ is not a bad company, and the pilots I know there are all great guys, but it's just the reality that we face today.

Well Boris its CHQ turn to get beat on I guess. To answer your question, there is nothing wrong at CHQ more then any other regional. If Mesa, SkyWest, TSA, or anyone else would have won the bid for the Continental code share then we would be talking about them. It’s a shame Mesa didn’t win…watching ‘CRJ900Skillz’ post flame bait would have been fun. Wonder if these guys would buy it hook line and sinker like they do with EMBSkillz. BTW I'm glad that you XJET guys have a chance to keep the 69 planes and thus your jobs. Fly safe.

Latest resources

Back