Is Cape Air Hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BOSCFI

I have a friend who works the ramp and he said that Cape Air will be hiring soon. Are they going to hire for the ATR or the 402?Will they base the ATR in the Boston area? Does anyone know how I can get an interview? Do i need an ATP to be interviewed? If they are hiring Co pilots for the ATR would I still need the ATP to be Interviewed.? Any information someone could provide would be a big help.

cape air

Most likely cape air will hire back the 30 pilots they laid off first. Then they will probably hire into the 402s because most of the senior pilots are going into the ATRs. Yes, you will need an ATP to get hired...

furloughed pilots?

When did Cape Air furlough 30 pilots? I was unaware of this.....

What is your take on when the open market hiring will start? One of my contacts seems to believe somewhere around March/April.

In October..........That's when!

Most took voluntary furloughs.. All of the Mandatory furloughs are back.. Some voluntaries are back and probably close to 15 won't be coming back... Plus I'd make a healthy wager that they will lose 10 more with all of the regional hiring going on and possible recalls....

YES they will most certainly need to hire.....

Expect interviews to start in the next couple weeks....

YES you need an ATP (and some aviatin' skills)

NO they will not hire into the ATR... (There's only one as of now and they have plenty of intrest from within the 100+ # Seniority list)

Great place to be (My favorite place EVER)

Prepare to work (and sweat) you gonads off....

Good luck

O.C.

Cape Air Hiring

Hope to hire 30+ in 2000-2004.
ATR crews will come from Senority list. (Dont know how many takers yet. No details on move package or payscale yet. )
ATP is neccessary to be a Captain on 402. They might train you to do a 135 checkride and atp however you must give a year commitment. This is a function of how many applicants there are. If the applicants have ATPS they probably won't train you. If you want to be competitive and get the job i would go get the ATP rating. I would guess that they will fill the ATR positions from within since its only going to be 12 pilots to begin with.

Good Luck
ACKAIR

If you take the job keep in mind that you will have to move south in the winter or be on the street. And it may be more than just one year because nobody on the top of the senority list is moving on. If you like that type of lifestyle moving around every year you are going to love the job. Its fun to fly in different places and if you are lucky you may hold FL your first year. Hope that helps.

Latest resources

Back