Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is B6 getting serious about A319/A321 yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fleet manager put out today that a system wide inspection was completed and that is the only one that had the problem....what is the problem:flange where the PCU actuator attaches to the rudder. Rudder function on 1 flange and PCU worked fine but the other (the one that broke) was sent out to find out why it happened. Thats all I have heard.

The rudder issue was not that big a deal. It got blown waaaaaay out of proportion on BluePilots.com

I've been flying the 190 since we took delivery of them, and I can tell you, it's definitely turned the corner.

A friend of mine...( I know:rolleyes: ) said that the E190 rates are going to equalize with the A320 and then with that....A321's are coming on property!
Take it for what its worth.

The single pay IS being looked at but many other things are being looked at as well. I personally doubt that the single pay will happen but you never know. There has not been ANYTHING said from the company officially on the matter. It has only been what has been discussed in pilot meetings and between friends. (a friend of mine who had bob on the jumpseat) etc.

The single pay IS being looked at but many other things are being looked at as well. I personally doubt that the single pay will happen but you never know. There has not been ANYTHING said from the company officially on the matter. It has only been what has been discussed in pilot meetings and between friends. (a friend of mine who had bob on the jumpseat) etc.
FWIW The equalization of FO pay only was mentioned as a very real possibilty at the open forum during my interview on the 11th.

I understand that, but the notion that we are going to seat pay in both aircraft is incorrect. If it happens, then great but I dont see it happening. I do see the FO's becoming matched but not the CA seats.

I understand that, but the notion that we are going to seat pay in both aircraft is incorrect. If it happens, then great but I dont see it happening. I do see the FO's becoming matched but not the CA seats.
Agreed, I thought that that is what I heard.

FWIW The equalization of FO pay only was mentioned as a very real possibilty at the open forum during my interview on the 11th.

Bad idea that will cause more problems than it solves. "Blended FO rates" is almost always manager back stabbing double talk for "a disproportionately lower FO rate applies to all. In any case an increase for all seats is warranted and the company knows this.

FO rates won't be the same without an increase to the 190 captain seat. Because...then, I would be making MORE then a 190 capt. reserve at my 3rd year FO rate.

It just isn't as simple as combining the rates. Then, we just can't equalize to a single rate for ALL seats. That would mean the 190 guys get a wicked raise and the bus guys don't...

I'd say the first 2-4 years as FO could be the same and then start to spread a bit...BUT not without increasing the capt 190 pay at least 10 bucks an hour. Those guys shouldn't have to bust thier ball$ to make 6 figures on a 100 seat airplane.

1. Match FO rates by bringing the 190 guys up to the current A320 rates.

2. Revise the 190 CA rates to start at $100 @ hour for a 1st year 190 CA.

3. After 1 & 2 have been accomplished, everybody gets an immediate 10% raise and then 3% longevity raises annually on DOH.

4. Review pay annually and award COLA as necessary.

5. Get rid of the blended rate BS. I don't want to have to work 90 hours to get a good paycheck. If the blended rate is so good then pay me that for every hour I work.

I think 1 and 2 are easily doable and the company won't flinch much. Number 3 will be a tougher sell.
They are already doing number 4, sort of.

My .02

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back