Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

91100 100 set

to the book
Just wondering what everybody out there thinks about ARINC?

I was a member about 5 years ago when I was out looking for my first 121 job, and I can't really say it helped me out all that much, as I ended up at a company via other connections. Now, 5 years later, as that company is circling the drain, I find myself back in my interview suit, playing the game all over again.
So far, the internet has provided me with everything I need in terms of gouges, addresses, insider info, etc.

It seems to me that there is ample information available on the internet (this site and others), that one can find all the information they would need to secure a paycheck without writing a big check to Mr. Darby for that big binder. I have no experience with an ARINC job fair, however, which could very well be the thing that gets you an interview. In addition, I understand that ARINC is a popular help for the military folks, which I also have no experience with.

Any opinions either way?

Air Inc

Air Inc is definitely overpriced.

I think its a good deal for those who are new to the industry. I use it now but will probably not renew when the time comes. It is very convenient to find all the info in one place.

I do like the newsletter and hiring info.

Because you have been in the industry for a while you know what companies are out there and what direction you want to go.

Air inc is just another business making bucks off us poor suckers who want too desperately to fly.

They raise their prices when lots of pilots are out of work and lower them when job are more plentiful

Yeah, I guess it is Air Inc, and not ARINC. Two entirely different things... wasn't a typo, just plain ignorance on my part... my bad...

91,100... do a search on this board and you'll get more than your fill on the air inc thing.

IMHO in this day in age Air Inc is a huge rip off (with some exceptions). Why you ask. We'll your looking at it. This board and the internet. Research the net, this board and the company web site and you'll get the info much faster.

Back in the 90's most airlines did not have hirring info and apps in the web. Now just about eveyone does making Kitts addrress books and such a thing of the past.

The only thing of value in the job fairs is handing your res. in face to face when they say "their going to send an app to anyone who meets their mins and is here today", like what ATA ans AWA said at the last DFW job fair. The rest of the fair is Kitt selling his stuff.

In terms of books for interviewing I recommend:

FAR/AIM - a must have
Gliem ATP written - need not be Gleim but I prefer their layout
Glein Instrument written book - same as above
FAA Inst. Flying Handbook
FAA Airplane Flying Handbook - new or old version
Turbine Pilots Flight Manual
---Optional stuff I have
Flying Jets - not really recommended but it does have some good info in it.
Aerodynamics for Naval Av.
Illistrated guide to Aero - this is better than the above book

-----None of the above are Kitts books

I have 3 of kitts books that I think are good:

1. Questions? Questions? - good HR and Tech general info
2. Airline Tech Interview - again, good general ATP tech and flying knowledge info.
3. Aeronautical Chart User's Guide by ASA and sold by Kitt - we'll this may be optional and I could do without it as it's basically a reproduction of the Jepp introduction section we all have in our flight bag.

Other Stuff you have:

Your POH for you current plane and CO. ops manual for 121 guys.

Also I'd like to add that on of the most important resources for interviewing is your own logbook. As we are all seeing many companies are moving to an interview format that consists of more and more "tell me about a time questions". Looking back thru you logbook is your biggest help in this dept granted you've logged and used the remarks section.

Getting back to Kitt and Air Inc. I'm not a member but I do subscribe to the Magazine (40 something per year).

do a search

Like he said, do a search, many people do not consider Air Inc. a rip off, particularly guys who got interviews and jobs. Some like it, some do not, it is an individual thing and a choice you will have to make yourself.

I fully agree with Pilotyip.

It seems that its also geared more for the military guys.

Comming from a civ point of view and background, given as long as you have normal social skills and socalize with thoes ahead of you (example: your CFI and other students that started ahead of you) by the time your a CFI or charter pilot you've already known many people that have made the jump to 121/corp/135 jigs and the basics of interviewing and gathering info on hiring from thoes people.

Just looking at my own past, I started as a line guy at 16 and was always exposed to CFI's and other pilots trying to move on. The same goes for when I got out of college and started my first 135 job. The market was hot and guys ahead (other CFi's and 135 charter capts it flew with) of me just passed all the info along. Many of which at the time got jobs with Allegheny and hence my progression.

-----------------------------------

anyway not to bash Kitt but in ref. to the DFW job fair, that American Capt. that gave the opening speech was way out of line for bashing the low cost guys. "Aircraft carrier" my a$$, more like the Titanic and did anyone catch how he snubbed Eagle, very unprofessional. Also there were a few times when I wanted to lay into Kitt and some of the speakers, many time they made the Commuters/regionals look like typical sterotype low end aviation job, giving no credit to thoes at this level who fought to bring better contracts to conm/regionals.

The best was when Kitt anounced right in the face of the UPS and Fedex reps. that Astar was hiring again. I was like smooth move Kitt, announce to everyone that a company that poses a huge threat to FDX/UPS and possibly our (US flying Jobs) is hiring and to get your stuff in, "DON'T DELAY!!!!!!".

This whole time I'm sitting between some AF/Guard guys from WA state and had an army helo/king air guy on the other. I found it very funny that the AF/guard guys were like "JetBlue, JetBlue, JetBlue, SWA SWA SWA, FDX FDX FDX, UPS UPS UPS yeah yeah yeah" when 2.5 years ago they wouldn't have given them a second look as ran for the DAL, AMR and UAL booth.

I found the army guy to be much more laid back and socialable. He is an TWA or AMR furlough that is at Eagle now as a Capt and didn't bash eagle (or the whole upgrade thing/situation either). He seemed to thing the fail rate was due to a lack any previous 121 upgrade exp. by the flowback guys.

Anyway i get off the track again, BTW Pilotyip and the commutair rep. had the best presentations of the whole group.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back