Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is anyone having problems with the initial PArt 141 certification?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyingToIST

I have been on this road for more than two years now.. Local FSDO is asking me to put really ridicoulous information on the TCO , such as the proof that the airport is meeting the night flight requirements.. Simply stating 'XYZ meets the night flight requirements' would not be enough, they want me to prove them..

Has anyone been experiencing similar stuff?

Thanks...

I was helping the office certify a group that wanted to be an airline. They had one aircraft but when we asked for the "N" number they did not know it. We asked for the Serial Number and again they did not know it but, they told us they had an aircraft and they got "a really good deal" on the rental. They produced a lease agreement (unsigned) and stated they had no idea where the aircraft was. We said we had to do an airworthiness check before we could proceed with the manual and procedures review. After a couple weeks the aircraft was found. It had sat for several years in the weeds, had no engines, no interior, no cockpit instruments, and was robbed of an unknown number of other parts. It is legal to rent an aircraft in this condition. The operator must bring it up to airworthy condition (hence the really good price). The certification stopped and the group never contacted us again.

Instead of complaining something is unreasonable maybe it would be better if you ask the FSDO what they needed to "prove" the airport has the required equipment? Part of holding a certificate is being able to "prove" you meet the requirements.

I have been on this road for more than two years now.. Local FSDO is asking me to put really ridicoulous information on the TCO , such as the proof that the airport is meeting the night flight requirements.. Simply stating 'XYZ meets the night flight requirements' would not be enough, they want me to prove them..

Has anyone been experiencing similar stuff?

Thanks...

What FSDO are you working with?

Latest resources

Back