Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Anyone Flying for Grand China Express Thru WASINC or NetCompass or Another Agency?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the only 170 pilots that would even consider leaving Republic would be Captains that are being downgraded to FO. I'm not sure if they are even downgrading at Republic currently. Once there was talk that GCE, aka Tianjin Airlines, would take non-type rated applicants for the 190. I sent an email to WASInc to point out that I already had the 190 type, even though I didn't have any PIC time in the 190. I thought it would make more sense than training someone with no experience on type. WASInc sent a response to me that it was possible, but I never heard anything else from them about it. It sounds like both WASInc and GCE aka Tianjin Airlines are both very disorganized.

As far as US Airways, I asked one of the Chief Pilots personally how long he thought the furloughs would be for. He said they would be 5 years - based only on the change in the retirement age. From what I hear though, they are extremely short staffed and are overworking the crews there. One of the main reasons for the US Airways furlough in my opinion, is only because of negotiations. Whatever, I just hope the military happens for me quickly before recalls happen.

It's a ridiculous run around game. WASINC put out a tremendous amount of hoops for everyone to jump through, many of which cost money and many of which would expire in a certain period of time.

On top of the circling restriction for many, they also required candidates to pay for a visa to be able to go interview, documents to be stamped by the chinese embassy at a price.. the list goes on.

What the give in return is a run-around. Delay after delay with no answers. When you call to ask questions, they just give you best guesses and I don't knows. I wanted some specific information on currency requirements, and the guy would just speculate and guess and say "I would probably be alright". I asked him if he would contact the airline and find out and he kept avoiding agreeing to that.

My impression is they never had anything iron clad with the airline to begin with. They keep telling us the airline is short on pilots now, not to mention pending deliveries. There are 190 pilots in europe and australia (yes you guys forget the domestic regionals aren't the only source) who are ready to go, and no one has even been to INTERVIEW yet.

The excuse is red tape and an attempt to accelerate the joining process after you are interviewed, but it's been almost a year and no one is a step closer to a job.

One of their promise filled "updates" is long overdue...

I agree with you. It seems somewhat strange to get all the paperwork requirements taken care of and then ... - wait. Honestly, I do not think that the fault lies with WASINC, it's just the way of doing business over there. On the other side, one can always use this procrastinating attitude to get rid of a contract early in case things brighten up (again?).

If they are having this many problems with these companies why the hell would you want to work for any of them??? A waste of time

This thread has been dead for a while, but I got an email from WASINC stating that I should expect an interview date in mid-June. Anyone else around who got the word and is interested?

This thread has been dead for a while, but I got an email from WASINC stating that I should expect an interview date in mid-June. Anyone else around who got the word and is interested?
I gave up on WASINC. Ever since I first applied in October 2008 they claimed interviews would be held in a month or two. After a month or two, they again claimed everything is worked out, interviews would be in a month or two. That went on and on for over a year.

Best of luck to you though. Let us know if it finally does work out for you.

Just an after thought, if you really want to fly in China, I have seen the exact same job posted with other contract companies. Maybe things would work out better using a different crew leasing company. I know at least a couple other crew leasing companies are advertising this position but the only one I can remember for sure is VOR Holdings. Again, best of luck to you.

Interview for me is scheduled from June 27th to July 6th. As far as I know there'll be an ATP-type written, medical exam and sim check. Tianjin Airlines will let you know if you're hired before you return. I really have the impression that it is not WASINC but the Chinese who seem to schedule rather erratically.

Hey Girl,
you called me a friend... ahhh...:blush: I miss my Guinness Girl!

I wanted to bump this up, the CRJ contract has been canceled and we have been left to hang in China. After Mesa repo'd the aircraft, Kunpeng stopped paying us even though there was a two month buy out in the contract. Currently I am owed over 20 grand, and don't think I will see much of it unless Wasinc wants to save a little face. I believe Guinness Girl also paid for the circle to land restriction to be taken off the FAA cert. out of her own pocket and never even got an interview. I have heard there are others out there with this same problem.

Bottem line, don't trust Wasinc!:angryfire

Dont trust anything with the word "China" in it in any way!!

Latest resources

Back