Is Ameristar even hiring right now?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are U Kidding

Does anyone really want to work at Ameristar. Do you have any idea of their history? Their former DO and CP (Both now FAA inspectors) have sucessfully sued and exposed Ameristar in FEDERAL COURT. The excerpts are unbelievable. It is a matter of Federal Record, that they are the most violated and have the highest fatality rate (per capita) of any airline regulated by the FAA.

Next leg, jump out over the FAF without a chute, it's far safer.

Why dont you go check the records exmarine but Ill tell you now you will be very shocked to find out you are WRONG that your gunghoe menatality and attitude is inncorrect and if you pulled your head out of your butt you would realize that Ameristar offers the time that people need and experience that is needed to advance there aviation career in a short order. Plus you can make some money out of out it. Sure Ameristar has had there downfalls but you can not base your opions on a small number of people. the cowboys have been weeded out. and furthermore in the future I would like to work for Fed EX as I know a majority of us would, but if I based my opions on there rescent track record would I want go there... lets get back to reality I think Ameristar is a good place to be right now, we fly we get money what else could we ask for. I dont mean to insult you but come on dont slander us we all have the same goal

EXMARINE said:
Does anyone really want to work at Ameristar. Do you have any idea of their history? Their former DO and CP (Both now FAA inspectors) have sucessfully sued and exposed Ameristar in FEDERAL COURT. The excerpts are unbelievable. It is a matter of Federal Record, that they are the most violated and have the highest fatality rate (per capita) of any airline regulated by the FAA.

Did you know that 56.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot??

Sorry for the bad info earlier, no August new-hire class.

ExMarine: You wouldnt happen to be that 4000 hr. ex-marine they canned a few months ago would you?

EXMARINE said:

EXMARINE:
The duo in question had nothing to do with the 121 or 135. They were involved with the 125. Those guys were dead beats and deserved to be shown the door. The sad thing is you cannot get rid of dead beats without being sued. Those guys came from previous 121 and jumped into the 125 fire and got in way over their heads, they had no idea of what to expect. As I understand it they condoned a habit by the crews to not write up items when they landed. Then when the plane booked they would write it up so the company would lose the trip. Talking with the crews most of the animosity they had came about from the idea that the company promised more than it delivered, about this I have no idea as I do not know what there compensation package was. These guys when hired thought that they were going to fly 1000 hours a year which is not possible in the large airplane (DC9) adhoc environment and most people not coming from 121 PAX operations know this, which is the crux of the whole issue moving from 121 PAX operations with union work rules to adhoc 125. The bottom line is that they were hired to do a job and they did not do it, if they hated it that much they should have just walked, it defiantly was not for them.

Now about the two fatal 135 crashes I lost three friends and a fourth that will probably never fly again so I have strong feelings on this. I would like to say that Ameristar screwed up and that the families received millions, but this has not happened. The fact is that Learjet, GE, and the DOT spent lots of time and money going through every piece and record available on the airplanes in question and found no evidence of liability on the part of Ameristar or them selves. So draw your own conclusions, I have and in both cases I unfortunately see deviations from the premise of part 25. In the first crash reconfiguring the airplane below 400 feet and not in a position to make a landing at 50 feet in the case of the second, both contrary to company policy and training. Both PIC’s received initial at SIMUFLITE so it is hard to pin it on training and they were great pilots. It is no accident that half of the 20 series hulls worldwide have been written off, an unforgiving airplane. I strongly believe that if the crashes would have been in Falcon 20’s and not Lear jets there would not have been fatalities.

man this got long

EXMARINE said:
Their former DO and CP (Both now FAA inspectors) have sucessfully sued and exposed Ameristar in FEDERAL COURT.

Does anyone acutally know the name or docket number of this case people keep bringing up? I've searched extensively and have yet to find ANY lawsuit that Ameristar has lost. I did find a lawsuit brought by a former CP, Ameristar won that one.

Whats up my fellow Freight Dawgs, how are things fairing your direction? I see USA JET is having some issues, Cherry Air is struggling, and GrandAire is barely hanging on. You all gonna be laying off as well or do you have enough contract runs to make up the slack? Well there goes the pager...Later

"ex Marine" Aka Russ Is A Loser Who Got Canned Cuz He Cant Even Put The Gear Up And Down Right Or Pick Up Clearances. Its Pretty Sad When You Are Best Friends With The Chief Pilot And You Still Get Canned!!!!! Hmmm Isnt Your Logbook Full Of Lies Also? One More Thing How Does A Pilot Who Washed Out Of The Marine Core Training Keep Such An Ego???? Maybe You And A?y Should Get Married And Have Kids Since U Both Have So Much In Common Now. Both Fired And Lied About Their Experience.

Is this guy serious?

EXMARINE said:

Is this guy serious or what?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back