• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is ALPA Embarrassed?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA is an association of unions. Having Moak "not sign something" is kind of a joke. If he didn't, PSA pilots could just ignore him and vote to leave the association. It would have to be a truly outrageous document for him not to sign (like the perception of possible vote tampering or gross misinformation).

On the other hand. National DOES provide "expert" advice and resources to the unions, and they severely dropped the ball on this one. That or the PSA MEC failed to grasp the shifting winds in the cheap pilot market, and completely disregarded the theory of pattern bargaining. Also, after speaking to Moak personally, I don't think he thinks that strategy applies to lowly RJ jobs... Take what you can get or get shut down is what came to mind at the time.

[Quote: On the other hand. National DOES provide "expert" advice and resources to the unions, and they severely dropped the ball on this one. That or the PSA MEC failed to grasp the shifting winds in the cheap pilot market, and completely disregarded the theory of pattern bargaining. QUOTE]

That was kinda what my original point. ALPA National should provide expert advice and resources, but should ALSO do their best to prevent individual MECs and pilot groups from making wrong decisions, for themselves as well as the regional pilot group as a whole. And when I saw no efforts on the part of ALPA National to prevent the PSA and Endeavor mistakes from happening,...I could only assume that they were asleep at the wheel. And for that, ALPA National should be embarrassed.

And because American Airlines Group managed to (apparently with very little effort), embarrass ALPA National I'm hoping that ALPA will gain a good deal of revenge on American Airlines Groups (and others) in future deals,.....especially when the pilot groups now have the power!

We should all take a clue from the fact that regional airline management has been stonewalling the pilot groups in contract talks FOR YEARS, (as many as 8 years, in the case of RAH!), but now all of the regional airlines are anxious to push-through new collective bargaining agreements,.....AT THE SAME TIME! Why do you think that is?!?!?! Why have the management teams at PSA, Republic, SkyWest, ExpressJet, Eagle, Endeavor, and Silver all sought to secure new pilot labor deals in the last 6 months,.....after years of stonewalling?

Last chance to get a cheap labor contract before the bottom completely falls out

Or in the case of LASA & LXJT just keep our current agreements. Love me some Vac Low!

BTW I must have missed the memo about mgt taking a pay cut to help out. :)

Latest resources

Back