Is Airnet A Dying Company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

starcheckdriver

With all the recent talk of an upper management person being let go, the hiring of the financial advisor firm, and the potential sale of part or all of Airnet, do you guys think Airnet is dying and we'll be jobless soon or are we okay for the next 2-5 years? Just interested in everyone's thoughts.

Ok, before you go any further, relax and take a deep breath and pull your head out of the sands of paranoia. Airnet isn't going anywhere, it may change and adapt a little but it's not going to go under.

I disagree, I think it is a dying company and Biggerstaff and his goons are gonna take the money and run. It will be a slow death though. Maybe this time next year they will be asking you to work for free for a weekend...

freightdoggie said:
I disagree, I think it is a dying company and Biggerstaff and his goons are gonna take the money and run. It will be a slow death though. Maybe this time next year they will be asking you to work for free for a weekend...

Ouch! Do I smell a US Air analogy??

Yesterday's article in the Columbus Dispatch didn't sound too promising for the future. Unhappy stockholders, Check 21 playing a bigger factor, etc.

I know a lot of people working there, I'd sure hate to see them go under anytime soon. Good luck to everyone there.

Yeah, the Dispatch also wrote that Airnet moved to Rickenbacker some time ago. Shows how much you can believe the media! But, Airnet still seems to be going downhill and Biggerstaff is doing nothing to help. Hopefully this new investment firm/financial advisor will advise the board that we need a new CEO.

It'll take more than new management to save Airnet, they're all in denial about Check 21. I'm not sure how I feel about a management team that has an all sunshine and lollipops feeling about a large percentage of their business disappearing, but I would doubt those kind of folks have any kind of strategy to compensate for their changing mission. I've heard that Biggerstaff is the religous type, perhaps divine intervention has become the key to the Airnet business plan.

Airnet will still be around, they carry the stuff nobody else is crazy enough to carry...but they'll be much smaller.

JUST MY OPINION!
I wanted to work at Airnet forever when I first went there in 2001. After I heard about Check21 I looked at the large percentage of checks I was carrying and realized that the cargo side of the house was going to lose a lot of overall business. The only growth I could see for the foresable future was on the charter side and I didnt want to fly charter. I dont see how any company can prosper when they lose 80% of their revenue(ok, probably closer to 60-70% now). How any one truly believes the banks will continue flying checks instead of trucking them is beyond my, just doesnt make sense. They are going to stop flying those checks. Wont happen overnight but it will be pretty darn close.

It is a good company and they wont totally disappear but it will be painful for awhile.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back