Is 1200 TT enough??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airludy

Is 1200 TT with about 500 multi engine and King Air b200 time enought to get a job with any regional??

It should be for some... but be prepared to know that King Air inside out and be able to explain it to the interviewers.

Yep I know it really well. I realize they will probably pound me with questions about the King Air. So, which ones should I send a resume to?? Do you know of any off hand that would interview me?

It's not impossible, but bear in mind that you are competing with furloughees and people with a lot more time than you.

The answer is always NO if you don't apply... so send your stuff in, update your resume religiously every month or so, and someone will call. Impress them on the interview and the job is yours..

Good luck.

1200....enough?

Unfortunately, 1200 hrs is enough to get you a CE210 or Baron job, but not a regional one. The regionals are in a good position, they only have to hire the very qualified and experienced. not long ago you could get a job even if yor close to mins, but not now.
I spoke with our recruiter today about a friend of mine with 1500 and 500 multi/turbine/PIC. I was told that he didn't have competitive times. Sorry to be doom and glomm, but right now that is what the latest trend is.
Good Luck

ACA's minimums are 1500TT 250ME They have lots of resume's on file with a lot more time than you, but I would still send a resume because you never know!! I would keep flying and updating your resume until someone calls.

airludy said:
Thats what I thought. I didnt think 1200 was enough..Where did you hear that Frieghtdog?

ASA's mins are 1200TT and 200ME.
ACA is 1500TT and 250ME and can go down to 1000TT and 375 multi if you have an aviation degree.
Comair is 1200TT and 200ME.
Mesa is 1000TT and 100ME
SkyWest is 1000TT and 100ME
Island Air is 1500TT and 500ME although we hire with less.

I've heard people get hired with 1200-1500 hours. Just not quite with 100 multi... but with you having 500 hours multi, that's a definite plus.

You meet the mins, but may not have competitive times. Just keep updating your resume, be persistent, keep flying, and it will pay off.

Latest resources

Back