• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ireland's Aer Lingus forms alliance with JetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess their One World alliance with AA is not working for AerLingus. This should be a great coup for jetblue with its bases in Boston and NYC and for their new Irish partner.

jetGreen

Thats pretty frickin spiffy!

Less than optimal logistics until the new terminal is done, but overall this has the *potential* to be highly beneficial to both carriers.

The 36" of legroom in the first 11 rows is a good start for us, and maybe a true first class is still a ways off, but IMO we need to market (and price) those rows with at least a slight premium, give it some sort of distinction (BlueBusiness Class, or something like that), put in some sort of little foot rest, make the seats recline a tad more and get the enhanced pillow/blanket idea put on the front burner. That sort of "poor man's first class" could appeal to lots of folks who now only have 2 choices on many airlines without a "middle class": Lay flat luxury, for thousands more, or 31-32" of middle seat purgatory.

In any case, good move. We'll see if its handled well. I've been advocating for a partnership with Aer Lingus (even put it in the Speak Up survey...they listened! They really listened!) :rolleyes: But AL is an established European airline soon to be partnerless, and as such was a great catch. Most reputable airlines are already in long term commitments with other US trunk carriers. Sure, AirWherethefrikistan may be available, but AL tops the list in terms of desirability, availability and route compatability.

Last edited:
Less than optimal logistics until the new terminal is done, but overall this has the *potential* to be highly beneficial to both carriers.

The 36" of legroom in the first 11 rows is a good start for us, and maybe a true first class is still a ways off, but IMO we need to market (and price) those rows with at least a slight premium, give it some sort of distinction (BlueBusiness Class, or something like that), put in some sort of little foot rest, make the seats recline a tad more and get the enhanced pillow/blanket idea put on the front burner. That sort of "poor man's first class" could appeal to lots of folks who now only have 2 choices on many airlines without a "middle class": Lay flat luxury, for thousands more, or 31-32" of middle seat purgatory.

In any case, good move. We'll see if its handled well. I've been advocating for a partnership with Aer Lingus (even put it in the Speak Up survey...they listened! They really listened!) :rolleyes: But AL is an established European airline soon to be partnerless, and as such was a great catch. Most reputable airlines are already in long term commitments with other US trunk carriers. Sure, AirWherethefrikistan may be available, but AL tops the list in terms of desirability, availability and route compatability.

I am trying to look for the positive here, but this is not a codeshare. Just a link on a website. Until we can book on each other's systems ("I was-a soaking his cork, while he was-a soaking MY cork") I am not sure this will do much for us. But maybe it's a foot in the door.

I am trying to look for the positive here, but this is not a codeshare. Just a link on a website. Until we can book on each other's systems ("I was-a soaking his cork, while he was-a soaking MY cork") I am not sure this will do much for us. But maybe it's a foot in the door.

I re-read the press release just to make sure and it does sound like a full codeshare. To quote, "Customers will now be able to make just one booking, which will allow them to travel from Ireland to the U.S. and onto a direct Jet Blue flight to 51 destinations." There was also that mention about the website but that seems like it would be in addition to the codeshare.

Latest resources

Back