Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IPOD Adapter To Aviation Headset - Possible?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who has it plugged in when your landing and/or on the ramp? TOD - it's unplugged and in the bag! If all of this is a big headache for you stay with the earbuds there are no regulations that I know of regarding that. Geez guys y'all just need to take a chill pill!

There are three ways I have done this. One is just by using small earphones, the second is by a cheap intercom box that has a source plug in for stuff liek that, My lightspeed headset now has a plug buil into it and 2 wires that will either connect to your cell phone or a input device like my mp3 or xm radio. when ever atc or someone on the intercom speaks it cuts the preset volume down to 25% so u can still hear it and everyone else talk. I fly single pilot in a E-110 and got ramped in albany once with it hooked up. Fed asked me what it was and I told him its was my inflight entertainment. He laughed and said its amazing how technology has made flying long distances alone more fun to do!!! hte upgrade to the lightspeed 30g's was well worth it just for this reason.

NuGuy said:
Hiya Freep,

Yup, almost every aviation headseat meets TSO, as orginally delivered by the maker OR as repaired by an authorized representitive.

However, once you plug in your wizzbang doohicky that you whipped up with your "Junior Electronics Wizard" soldering iron from Radio Shack, you invalidate the TSO for as long as you have it plugged in.

Believe me, if you are running 135/121, and the feds show up on the ramp and see your iPod, MP3 player, GPS reciever or any other such device that is NOT TSO'ed, even if it's only temporarily connected (jacked in or plugged in to the electrical system in any way), it will make them go tilt.

At the very least, you will have a real tap dance.

Nu
How about you put it away after you land and don't hook it up until you takeoff. Unless the FAA is in the jumpseat (and we all know you wouldn't listen to your iPod with him there), he'll never know.

Latest resources

Back