iPhone 2G Jail Break Help

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MTNHI

Jail broke the phone via Blackrain, ran bootneauter now all it says is different SIM detected. Not working any help from this point?

Thanks

What firmware were you running before you tried to JB?

Try using redsn0w to jailbreak and then download ultrsn0w via cydia or icy.

+1 on the redsn0w and cydia combo. Look it up on youtube. The vid even has links to the download. Figures another Saluki would be on this thread. Bunch of partying hackers

How about not trying to screw up a perfectly good OS and pay the price for those of us who actually like the proprietary software of Apple. If you want JB then go back to the world of windows and leave us Mac purists alone. Life is good here as long as people don't try to dumb down the best OS in the universe. We don't need or want tinkerers. We want it to work every time. I pay for that convenience. Go screw with Bill Gates' software!

How about not trying to screw up a perfectly good OS and pay the price for those of us who actually like the proprietary software of Apple. If you want JB then go back to the world of windows and leave us Mac purists alone. Life is good here as long as people don't try to dumb down the best OS in the universe. We don't need or want tinkerers. We want it to work every time. I pay for that convenience. Go screw with Bill Gates' software!

Ouch denny, that's harsh. I've been a die-hard Mac user since I was 10 years old... so for about 20 years now. But I've also been a life long customer of T-Mobile, and so I chose to unlock my iPhone so that I could use it with T-Mobile's service. I'm just a poor, furloughed airline guy who's trying to keep his expenses low and T-Mobile's service is much more affordable than AT&T's.

Ouch denny, that's harsh. I've been a die-hard Mac user since I was 10 years old... so for about 20 years now. But I've also been a life long customer of T-Mobile, and so I chose to unlock my iPhone so that I could use it with T-Mobile's service. I'm just a poor, furloughed airline guy who's trying to keep his expenses low and T-Mobile's service is much more affordable than AT&T's.

I am with you Ramen. Mac dude through and through. I think denny's pocket protector must be leaking.

Well said, you can go be a Mac purist while I will actually enjoy some functionality in my iPhone. Unjailbroken iPhones are extremely limited in customization and basic function, a "free" phone from Verizon (Quite possibly the worlds worst provider) can have custom background, custom text/email/voicemail ringtones and a rational battery display.

Simple jailbreaking will allow you to have something like this:

http://www.fenderflier.com/NFC/FI/iphone1.jpg
http://www.fenderflier.com/NFC/FI/iphone2.jpg
http://www.fenderflier.com/NFC/FI/iphone3.jpg

Yeah, I could do more but just being able to change my background and a battery percentage is nice enough for me.

You obviously have no idea what you are shooting off at the mouth about. FYI, the best jailbreaking software out there isnt even available for windows, what does that tell you. 90% of the jailbreaking is from MAC people. If ATT would provide service worth a sh&t , and apple would stop restricting what the iPhone can do, then it would not be necessary.

You obviously have no idea what you are shooting off at the mouth about. FYI, the best jailbreaking software out there isnt even available for windows, what does that tell you. 90% of the jailbreaking is from MAC people. If ATT would provide service worth a sh&t , and apple would stop restricting what the iPhone can do, then it would not be necessary.

Actually you don't need to jailbreak a windows phone as it comes out of the box unrestricted and capable of installing anything the owner wishes.

Latest resources

Back