• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

iPad as an EFB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone started using any W/B or Performance apps on the IPad? I have Foreflight and Jeppesen for charts, WX and airport info.

Thanks

Sky4, Any feed back? I am in the process of converting our stuff to the IPAD. What if anything, are you using for w/b or performance data? Thanks

Has anyone heard if Jepp is going to add enroute chart capability? The consensus seemed to be JeppMobile TC is sort of a "beta" version to join the competition early on.
As for mounts, the Ram glareshield mount works well in our CE-550, but obstructs too much in the 560XL. I don't like the cupholder mount in the 560XL and it doesn't work in the -550 or PC-12. I've fabricated a mount that works with Ram's cradle and mounts where the paper chart clip is on the yoke of the 560XL.

mount
560XL

Sorry for the crappy pics. PM for details if you really want it but it's nothing fancier than aircraft aluminum mated with the Ram cradle. I'd like to make my bracket about an inch longer though so the unit blocks no more of the PFD than the yoke itself during ground ops. In flight the yoke moves back and it sits great, blocks no view.

Last edited:
Sky4, Any feed back? I am in the process of converting our stuff to the IPAD. What if anything, are you using for w/b or performance data? Thanks

I have not started using any type of w/b or performance data yet on the iPad. I still use ultranav on a old fujitsu. I was just checking on here now in hope of getting some info on any new apps (w/b and performance) for the iPad.

What would you guys say the Economic and non-economic benefits are to having the IPAD in the cockpit? Doing a justification for downtown.

What would you guys say the Economic and non-economic benefits are to having the IPAD in the cockpit? Doing a justification for downtown.

Economic benefits of iPad (or EFB).

1. Jeppview MUCH less expensive than Q-service. Immediately in the black after purchase of devices.

2. Saved about 75 lbs of Jepps. It costs fuel to carry weight. You can do that exercise though.

Non-economic:

1. Each pilot in the loop on briefs and approaches with each having their own plate (like the airlines).

2. The ability to downlink weather. (that could also be economic).

Nap time...others will chime in....

Latest resources

Back