• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

iPad as an EFB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Waiting for Jepp to get the enroute chart feature. Will then likely replace the international paper. Jepp allows 4 iPads to use one Jeppview account.
For GPS info, Foreflight advises use of an external Bluetooth GPS.
Oh yeah, don't leave the iPad in the hot plane, in the sun, and expect it to work. But, if you put in in the shade for a couple minutes it will be fine. Happened one time. Otherwise it's worked flawless since June.

How much is Jepps charging for this US suscription these day? If I remember correctly it use to be about $1100.00 to include paper enroute and vol #1.

pm me if you don't want to respond here.

How much is Jepps charging for this US suscription these day? If I remember correctly it use to be about $1100.00 to include paper enroute and vol #1.

pm me if you don't want to respond here.

It's no secret what Jeppesen charges. Just go here, and select the coverages that you are interested in, and see the price.

JEPPVIEW TC APP

Does the Jeppview TC app store charts? Someone mentioned that it took them seven hours to download the app and I'm assuming because it does.
I'm mostly concerned if we have an emergency enroute and need to land at an airport that we didn't plan on. Will I be able to pull up those charts at FL350?

All charts used by Jepp Mobile TC are on the iPad memory, yes.

7 hours? No frigging way - updates take like 15 minutes with Jepp Mobile TC on the iPad and the initial app didn't take much more than that IIRC.

My jepp update has never taken more than 5 min over wifi. I would guess 10 maybe 15 over 3g. I only keep N. America on my ipad, to, but even still, nothing would cause download times outside of minutes.

And, yes, you can access any chart en route straight from the device.

Last edited:
JEPPVIEW TC APP

Does the Jeppview TC app store charts? Someone mentioned that it took them seven hours to download the app and I'm assuming because it does.
I'm mostly concerned if we have an emergency enroute and need to land at an airport that we didn't plan on. Will I be able to pull up those charts at FL350?

The first few week or the app was avail there was delays loading the initial app, just due to volume (according to Jepp) Mine took a few days before it was even able to connect long enough to get everything, then I think it took all night?

Since then we have loaded 3-4 more iPads worth of Jepps with no delays, and yes...revisions usually take approx. 5 mins over wifi.

The first few week or the app was avail there was delays loading the initial app, just due to volume (according to Jepp) Mine took a few days before it was even able to connect long enough to get everything, then I think it took all night?

Since then we have loaded 3-4 more iPads worth of Jepps with no delays, and yes...revisions usually take approx. 5 mins over wifi.

Okay. I just remember someone on here saying that it took him seven hours in his hotel room to load the initial app.

From a super slow connection in India it takes only about 5-10 minutes to download the charts for China, Australia, India, Middle East and South East Asia... its about 300 mb update and it doesnt hang and screw up like it does on our efbs using jeppview and flitestar. The initial download was really quick as the actual APP program isnt that big it seems.

Just a pity it doesnt yet have enroute charts and the text pages in the ipad app.

I love the interface, its so much easier than on the Jeppview ...just miss the gps connectivity.

Okay. I just remember someone on here saying that it took him seven hours in his hotel room to load the initial app.

That's Foreflight and they've greatly improved download speed, relative to your connection. Initial app download takes second. The database is about 4GB. But it has more than just the approach plates like Jeppview has. Still waiting for Jepp to add their enroute charts, etc.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back