• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

IOE @ Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Finish training, have a few days off and IOE begins. There is little if any delay.

I've never heard of it taking more than a 4-day trip. I would hope it wouldn't take more than that. I guess it all depends on you're previous experience level.

Thanks guys, I'm talking about number days from after finishing the sim to finishing IOE. i'm on reserve right now and trying to gauge how fast the guys below me will be on the line.

I would say on average 1 1/2 weeks. One usually has a few days off after the sim, then flies a few IOE trips (I think you need 5 landings, but can't remember exactly.....been a while). After IOE completion, the paperwork can take a day or two. Of course circumstances (weather, scheduling issues, etc.) can affect the time frame. Hope this helps.

As I recall you need a minimum of 25 hrs and minimum of 8 landings. I had a couple of days off after training and then started IOE. It was all over in less than a week.

New hires that were going through last month on the 320 were being told they would start IOE anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks later (Mid March) due to the influx of OE being done with transition CA's and FO's as well as a few big classes of Upgrade 320 CA's. I dont know if the times have gotten any better but I think guys out of the school house are being told 1-3 weeks to start for FO's. Hope this helps..

New hires that were going through last month on the 320 were being told they would start IOE anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks later (Mid March) due to the influx of OE being done with transition CA's and FO's as well as a few big classes of Upgrade 320 CA's. I dont know if the times have gotten any better but I think guys out of the school house are being told 1-3 weeks to start for FO's. Hope this helps..

BINGO! Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Thanks a lot to all that answered.

I've never heard of it taking more than a 4-day trip. I would hope it wouldn't take more than that. I guess it all depends on you're previous experience level.

In the past, they wanted an IOE guy to go out into Class II airspace (HF) before he was released to the mercy of CrewScheduling.

With that being said, unless that 4day trip went down to SJU, PSE, BQN, SDQ, yaddayaddayadda, it would usually take a 3 or 4 day and then a bit.......

That is true but with the AQP and L3 in the 320 program that is not a requirement on the line anymore as its checked off in the sim. I am not sure about the 190 but the 320 class has you do a loft from JFK-SJU with engine issues etc that leads to a divert in waters airspace....

Latest resources

Back