Investment planning info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spartus

Question for all you airline folks. Who do you do your investing with? Do you use places like Fidelity?

Fidelity and Vanguard are both good. You may want to consider paying a flat fee to an independent investment adviser who does not make commission on what he sells you.

Spartus,

Not an airline guy yet, however I did work for Fidelity Investments for 5.5 yrs. Just left the company last year to finish ratings and chase the dream!

If not for the fact I have wanted to fly airplanes for a career, I would still be working for them. Matter of fact I would probably have retired from the company. I will try and give you unbiased facts about Fidelity.

Truly a professional and customer service oriented investment company. However, I would do some research on all investment companies (asking experienced investors like you are doing, check company websites, etc.)

You will find Fidelity will not be the cheapest $$$ investment company cost wise. But the options and customer service is top notch in the industry.

If you are looking for someone to give your money to, and let them invest it for you, Fidelity is not your company. Fidelity believes in providing tools and education for you to make the best decision with your money. There is many other firms that will gladly take your money and make the decisions for you good or bad.

I worked in the 401k department, so I don't know everything about the personal brokerage side of the company. However, feel free to PM me for any questions you have about Fidelity and I will try and answer them to the best of my knowledge.www.fidelity.com

Latest resources

Back