Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UM#1

Yet again:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/0...ockpit-netherlands-885434036/?test=latestnews

AMSTERDAM – AMSTERDAM (AP) — Dutch police say they have arrested and fined an intoxicated American pilot who was preparing to take off with a passenger jet.
The National Police Corps has not identified the pilot or his airline, but says he is a 52-year-old captain from Woodbury, New Jersey. He does not fly for a Dutch airline, according to a police statement published Tuesday.
Police say they arrested the man in the cockpit of his plane after an anonymous tip. A breath test found he had a blood alcohol content of 0.023 percent — a hair above the legal limit in the Netherlands.
The pilot was fined euro700 ($900) and released, the statement said. The flight was canceled.

what was it from his mouth wash in the morning.....Give me a break....Must have been another member of the crew that turned him in. Being that he works at American he was probably a jerk - that is his real crime I'm willing to bet.

what was it from his mouth wash in the morning.....Give me a break....Must have been another member of the crew that turned him in. Being that he works at American he was probably a jerk - that is his real crime I'm willing to bet.

Read a little slower... The article never said he worked for American. It said he was an American, as in from the United States... In fact the article specifically said his name and the company he worked for was not identified...

Amazing how the flying public cares about intoxicated pilots yet goes into a hissy fit when a flight is cancelled due to pilot fatigue. Last time I checked, lack of sleep killed more people than alcohol.

Only in Amsterdam where hooker are in the windows and legal drugs are everywhere. How ironic. Rick Sanchez of CNN reported that this was twice the limit here in the US. Another expert with a camera.:rolleyes:

I dont think that is correct, he was .023 which is .003 above the limit. He was still high though. . . f'in hippy

So what happens here. Assuming the news reports are accurate and that he was above the limit - does the company deal with it internally or does the FAA step in?

Latest resources

Back