• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Int'l Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have an interview coming up with a 91/135 operator that does a lot of international flying to Europe and the Pacific. I am coming from a regional and know that this will be a weak area in the interview. Can anyone give me a general rundown on the execution and planning of an international flight? Also, any types of questions that might be encountered considering international ops? Thanks I appreciate the input.

They called you based on your resume and qualifications - they know you have no Intl experience.

Flying Intl is not difficult in the least, it just takes some exposure to different areas, plus a good support network.

They fully know you will need an A/C Initial, and Intl Procedures Initial (very easy and laid back) plus some time to get around the planet.

It would make no sense for them to ask you any technical questions about Intl flying. I could never imagine them asking you to recite a position report...

I can tell you from conducting interviews - you should know their operation as much as possible. Dont sit there and claim that a 9 day Pacific trip is too long etc if thats what they do....I have seen it!

Good Luck on the interview!

G200

I have an interview coming up with a 91/135 operator that does a lot of international flying to Europe and the Pacific. I am coming from a regional and know that this will be a weak area in the interview. Can anyone give me a general rundown on the execution and planning of an international flight? Also, any types of questions that might be encountered considering international ops? Thanks I appreciate the input.

Your thinking of the interview process for the regionals. A 91/135 is a different sport. Interviews are not usually technical. More of a meet and greet. Just be yourself.

In the 91/135 world you will spend a lot of time with coworkers on the road. Its also probable to have a lot of interaction with clients or the owner of the airplane. They just want to make sure you're the right fit.

They are not going to test you on procedures for crossing the north atlantic. You'll probably go to FS or Simuflite for international opps.

Chances are, if you know someone there, you already have the job. The interview is just a technicality.

Congrats and Good luck.

Regardless of your lack of experience, if I was your interviewer, I'd be happier to hear that you took the initiative to at least understand the concepts involved, rather than hear that you expected to pick it all up at International School.

To help you get started....

Some excellent videos produced by the UK NATS regarding the North Atlantic: http://www.scottipc.com/course/content/view/26/51/

AC 91-70, though old, still has good info: http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/key/AC 91-70

NAT PCO documents: http://www.nat-pco.org/docs.htm

Best of luck on the interview.

I didn't realize that this thread is a year old. Hopefully the guy got the job and the company is still in business.

Latest resources

Back