• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Interview with Delta's Anderson....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the gist of it for those not at a video friendly computer?
Nothing new. Assets were scrubbed during the bankruptcy, no need to close bases, part of the same network fabric, revenues tracking GDP (down 2%) with weakness is secondary European markets. Lots of opportunities, synergies, etc. Need to continue a close watch on costs.

Yep, your whole statement there was a joke.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The great part of the "joke" is when you will become someone's gear monkey on a somking DC-9!

-I can't wait!

BTW- How's that big pension looking, Gen? I'll bet you are really gonna be a team player when these NWA guys not only get to keep their pension, (check that box off already,) but end up smoking you on the seniority issue.

-Couldn't happen to a bigger toolbox!

-Good times-sometimes you get what you deserve!

Last edited:
There was an article about the merger I read somewhere today (probably The Consumerist) where there are a number of comments posted by readers after it.
Some of my favorites I remember were something like:

"Gahds! If that's who is running it I hope for their sakes they mean Richard DEAN
Anderson!"

and

"I always think of the rap group NWA when I'd see that name... I always thought they should have called them "Easy E-Tickets" when they went paperless."

The great part of the "joke" is when you will become someone's gear monkey on a somking DC-9!

-I can't wait!

BTW- How's that big pension looking, Gen? I'll bet you are really gonna be a team player when these NWA guys not only get to keep their pension, (check that box off already,) but end up smoking you on the seniority issue.

-Couldn't happen to a bigger toolbox!

-Good times-sometimes you get what you deserve!

Duuuude, I am at a bit above 50% (a little more than half way up)on the DL list. DOH will never happen, and relative seniority is fairly likely. How did the USAir East guys do with DOH? But, you know otherwise.......ooooookay. I won't be pulling any gear on the DC9, EVER. And, my pension wasn't too bad (I got a small lump sum), and made money off of the BK equity (over $200,000), and my wife makes a lot more than I do. I am doing just fine. I think you need to worry more about your CRJ job. If you aren't in DTW now, you will be. Say hi to the guys on 8 mile for me......don't walk around with your uniform on, you might look like a cop or narc. You will love it. Good times INDEED.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Say hi to the guys on 8 mile for me......don't walk around with your uniform on, you might look like a cop or narc. You will love it. Good times INDEED.

Bye Bye--General Lee

No need to knock my new home town. Moved here and love it btw I live about 45 to 1 hour west of downtown DTW

No need to knock my new home town. Moved here and love it btw I live about 45 to 1 hour west of downtown DTW

Why do 70% of DTW based NWA pilots commute to DTW? Any particular reason? I don't go there (haven't gone there in years), so maybe you can explain it to me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I will give it a shot. Maybe the same reason 80% of dal nyc based pilots commute. Because they don't want to live there.

Why do 70% of DTW based NWA pilots commute to DTW? Any particular reason? I don't go there (haven't gone there in years), so maybe you can explain it to me.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Bye Bye--General Lee

General;

Nwa is (was) a commuting airline.. most pilots not

just DTW, commute. Just the way it has been.

A lot has been changed to help that work smoothly.

Hopefully as Delta that fact will be recognized

to keep things running smooth.

Dave B

The whole state is a dump. The DAL pilots may want to get company provided kevlar vests if they lose the lottery and get based in Detroilet.

The state of Michigan should be given away to some country with similar living conditions where the inhabitants could easily assimilate. I'm thinking Afghanistan.

It's a win-win. We dump a state that is a drag on the national economy and purge a bunch of loser Obama voters all at the same time.

The whole state? That is a bit of a stretch.

Detroit is a hell hole for sure.

TVC is a great layover, the west shore is beautiful.

What Utopia are you from?

DB

Latest resources

Back